We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Angsana / any other suggestions re: jacuzzi advice!

Manchester
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Angsana / any other suggestions re: jacuzzi advice!

Hi,

If anyone could help advise me I'd be really grateful...

Looking for somewhere in Maldives for our honeymoon in May that has some kind of double bath / jacuzzi / plunge pool, preferably with sea views. We're also keen snorkellers.

Have considered:

Anantara - not great snorkelling but fab bathrooms!

Taj Exotica - as Anantara - no house reef.

Four seasons at Kuda Huraa - too expensive for us.

Bayan tree looks amazing but after reading the reviews it seemed that the reef was better at Angsana and the villas were also more private at Angsana - although from the pics they look very close.

Any advice re this, or any other suggestions much appreciated!

Day Tours Maafushi
Dolphin & Whale Watching, Speed Boats Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Fishing Charters & Tours, Private Tours
Eco Dive Club
Scuba & Snorkeling
Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Angsana / any other suggestions re: jacuzzi advice!

Cant understand , why you / anyone needs a jacuzzi- pool when the beautifull hot Indian Ocean is feet away from your room.

Rumps

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Angsana / any other suggestions re: jacuzzi advice!

Hi Flickity,

Good choice in Ihuru, I cannot comment on current accommodation as it was 9 years ago when I stayed but the island does have one of the best house reefs in the Maldives and was the reason for me choosing the island too, I'm not sure how badly affected the coral was from the tsunami but it survived pretty well from the El Nino in 97-98' you will defo get sea views, also worth a look is Mirihi island http://www.mirihi.com/

(but no plunge pools etc).

This would be in your budget as would Baros another small island which has just been upgraded to 5* along with the sort of rooms you want, but out of the three the weakest house reef for snorkelling.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Emu

Boston
Level Contributor
56 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Angsana / any other suggestions re: jacuzzi advice!

Hi Flickity,

just came back from the maldives for our honeymoon. we stayed at mirihi first, then moved to anantara. per the prior comments, mirihi has EXCELLENT house reef. it is just unbelievable. i got certified as a scuba diver while there. everything that they show on their website is what you will expect. it definitely has a quieter feel to it which is perfect for a honeymoon setting in my opinion. no tub though, or pool (but neither was a must for us). anantara, however, is completely different. the resort is bigger, more dining options and my wife just fell in love with our deluxe water bungalow's bathroom. the tub was enormous with a big open window to let the fresh air in. i liked the openness in the shower and toilet as well where you can look down to see the water from the windows. anantara, however, didn't have much to offer for snorkelling especially after having visited mirihi prior.

to sum up, it really depends on what you are looking for. each resort offers something that the other doesn't but regardless, i don't think that you can go wrong since maldives is truly paradise-like. we were fortunate to have stayed at 2 resorts while there. hope this helps.

4. Re: Angsana / any other suggestions re: jacuzzi advice!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:23 am, October 05, 2009