We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olhuveli AI or not ??

Which South Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Haywards Heath...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Olhuveli AI or not ??

Thinking about booking Olhuveli thru Thomson and I was wondering if it is worth paying the £37 per day to upgrade from HB to AI. Can anyone advise prices of lunch and various drinks i.e. bottles of water, diet coke, beer gin&tonic etc? The other resort I have been looking at is Huduranfushi wich works out cheaper than Olhuveli but is AI anyway. I know you get what you pay for. I am not a big drinker just water/diet cokes thru the day and then maybe a cocktail and a couple of vodkas in the evening I am just worried about getting a shock at the end of 2 weeks. Also how does the snorkelling compare at the two resorts ?

Hertford
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Olhuveli AI or not ??

Have only been to Olhuveli and Paradise Islands so cant comment on Huduranfushi, but AI worked for us. At Olhuveli, from memory wine and beer were about $5 per glass. Cocktails were around $10. Bottles of water (1.5l) around $5. Diet coke around $3. Vodka and mixer around $6-7. With the AI cocktails were not included but all the rest mentioned above was. Also we missed around 50% of the breakfasts because we didnt get up in time, but we didnt have to wait long until lunch was served. Food in the buffet restaurant was excellent for breakfast, lunch and dinner with loads of choice. Not sure how much the buffet lunch would have cost maybe $20 each.

You can also get sandwiches etc from the bar for around $10-$15 (not included in AI).

The snorkeling was excellent at the house reef (even better if you go to the right side when you get to the end of the jetty - everybody seems to go to the left side).

Highly recommended! Enjoy!

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Olhuveli AI or not ??

Having been to the OLHUVELI RESORT recently, we can advise you that the house wines are totally undrinkable (out of a plastic bag), the 'spirits' on AI are all of a very dubious nature, all 'decent' drinks are highly overpriced and, even though someone has commented on the buffet food as being good, don't believe it, it is mostly re-hashed warmed-up left-overs from the day before, the desserts are all left on tables uncovered, except for flies. While we were there the only cavery we saw was a small chicken. They also gave us the most sever food poisoning that required that we spent the majority of our stay in our bathroom. Perhaps others are more lucky??

If you do get ill, don't expect any sympathy or help from the management.

3. Re: Olhuveli AI or not ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:13 pm, November 30, 2007
Sheffield UK
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Olhuveli AI or not ??

Could anyone tell me how big olhuveli is and how long would it take to walk round it. We are loooking for a bigger island as we went to Dhonveli last year and would like something a bit bigger next time

Pam

5. Re: Olhuveli AI or not ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, September 13, 2009