We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biyadhoo Heven!

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Biyadhoo Heven!

Hello all, just got back, have posted a review, but not sure when it will appear.

Had a fantastic time would go back again.

No Telly, No phones, No computers. Heaven!

Weeather was dodgy at times, but somthing barmy about rain in 30degree heat!!!!

Still managed to come back brown,

Accomodation basic but clean, food good, bar good.

Staff Very friendly and accomodating.

Recomend it to anyone, if you have booked to go later in the year, I envy you. We are booking to go back early next year. (january).

Cheers all

Stockton Heath...
Level Contributor
309 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Biyadhoo Heven!

think you either love or hate biyadhoo! i loved it too! other people seemed to hate it!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Biyadhoo Heven!

Thank you Kaylan, going to Biyadhoo on Monday and was getting a bit worried by other people's opinions.... did you go with Hayes and Jarvis? or Airtours? How much in dollars did you take in cash?

Any other suggestions?

Regards Maria and Dave

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
745 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Biyadhoo Heven!

Hi glad you enjoyed Biyadhoo, me and hubby are going out late September for two weeks.

How is the building work getting on also did you do any island hopping?

Also is that right there are no sun loungers?

Thanks

Linda

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Biyadhoo Heven!

Hello Maria and Dave,

We went with air tours, the flight is long so take somthing to read. We flew Monarch, bad flight out great flight back!!!

We took $700 and spent $1100. Bear in mind this was our honeymoon so it was spoil our selfs time. Every thing you spend from the little shop to the diving school is charged to your room. So the above did include 2 trips to Male, diving school, bar bill.

You could get away with a couple of hundred dollers for tips and the like, and use debit cards to pay the final bill. The prices on the island and Male are comparable to England. with some noticalbe differences ie a packet of cigaretts are £1.00 for 20 B&H

If you are prone to bites take soom HC45 with you.

As long as you realise that Biyahdoo is a basic unspoilt island resort you will have a great time.

If you have any more questions just message me today.

Have a great time and enjoy yourselfs.

Cheers

Kaylan

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Biyadhoo Heven!

Hi Linda,

Building work at minum, does not intrude, as most of it is renovation work, ie Painting, cleaning that sort of thing. Certainly no heavy building site or work.

There were no sun loungers that I saw. There were chairs, and deckchairs. Every room had beach mats to lie on, and towels coming out of your ears.

We went to Male (Capital island) (Not airport Island) and Coco Island. We went to male twice it was so good.

Transpot was speedboat.

Any other questions please feel free to ask.

Cheers

Kaylan

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
745 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Biyadhoo Heven!

Hi

About Male is it that far from Biyadhoo and how long do you get to stay there and is Cocoa Island as lovely as it looks?

Thanks

Linda

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Biyadhoo Heven!

Hi Linda,

Trip to male is about 40 mins and choco arounf 20 mins.

Neither is bad what with the warmth of the weather, and if the seas are calm.

Cheers

Kaylan

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Biyadhoo Heven!

How can anyone enjoy this place.

I suppose for anyone who hasn't been to the Maldives before won't know any difference but I can assure you this resort is awful.

You have been warned, go at your own peril!!!!!!

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Biyadhoo Heven!

in response to the last posting- We have been to several islands in the Maldives before Biyahdoo and we loved it. So I think it depends on your expectations but an old fashioned 3 star is very different to a 4*(Lilly beach) we prefer the simple style ,not dressing up in the evenings which is why we chose the island. I would be the first to admit as have most of the recent reviewers commented that the decor was tired and needed doing up,,also mentioned was the fact there was no loungers, only deck chairs and not enough, also that only one bar was open and it had wooden seats. I suppose it goes back to researching the island before you go irrespective of the price. Just like the fact there is a small ship repair yard on one side of the island, as oneof FIFI photos shows there was an oil drum and other things associated with repairing boats.

In the end as one of the other posters wrote you either love the island or you don't and there is plenty of information on TP for people to make their own minds up,

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Biyadhoo Heven!

Hi Kaylan

Are you Tony???

Regards

Bravo 2 zero