We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

get away from it all maldives

march cambs
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
get away from it all maldives

could someone recommend an all inclusive,high quality resort, which has a small amount of villas, no children and excellent service.It is our 20th wedding anniversary next year and we are planning to go around april 2008.p.s. would prefer to arrive by speed boat and not seaplane.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,367 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: get away from it all maldives

"high quality" needs a little definition .. or better yet .. tell us the budget you have available or if money is no issue.

the high end resorts tend to not offer all inclusive.

there is of course dhoni migili , which has no children , is all inclusive and you can be picked up in male by your own personal luxury dhoni .. dhoni migili fits your description perfectly , but it comes complete with fairly massive sticker shock .

the only budgety resort i can think of that has relatively few villas, AI and no children is komandoo .. i think you can arrange to take the speedboat to kuredu and from there a dhoni hop to komandoo , if you really want to punish yourself that way . i don't know what you mean by "excellent service" .. the definition of that varies from "friendly waiter" to "personal butler" .. komandoo is as basic as the reasonable price suggests .

you will find the most complete AI of the maldives , beautiful romantic, stylish resorts with few villas and fantastic food on the sister islands athuruga and thudufushi . however , they don't outlaw children and there is no speedboat transfer available.

Boston UK
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: get away from it all maldives

Yeah, I agree - high quality means to one person something different to others. We much, much prefer the lesser developed 'unspoilt' Islands, such as Reethi Beach. Excellent service I find comes as standard in the Maldives. I am gobsmacked that you prefer speedboat to seaplane? Read some reviews and you will find that most people describe the seaplane transfer as one of the high points of the holiday - we certainly think so and it is one of our definate 'musts' when visiting the Maldives. Any particular reason for this? If either of you is nervous, don't be I assure you. You get the most fabulous views of the Maldivian Atolls from the seaplane and it is much, much quicker than the boat transfers. April is a good time to go but you do need to be booking fairly quickly now, in order to fulfill your requirements.

Any more specific ideas and I'm sure plenty will be pleased to help - but whatever you do, DO go - you'll never regret it!

Regards

Martin

Perth
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: get away from it all maldives

hi rjones,

we haev booked out stay in Naladhu Resort whcih is no child resort and have only 19 Houses whcih are luxurious. We will be staying 2 weeks from 10th April and we are very excited about our honeymoon.

the website is www.naladhu.com

pls. let me know if you need any more info. My travel agent sent me some pictures which i can sent you by mail.

4. Re: get away from it all maldives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:23 am, August 29, 2009