We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vadoo in end February

Malaysia
1 post
Save Topic
Vadoo in end February

Hi all.. we'll be going on my honeymoon to Vadoo from end Feb to early March. We'll be staying at the beach cottage and a few nights at the water cottages due to the availability of the rooms.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience on Vadoo and if there's anything we should look out for. We understand that they have the Aryuveda theraphy center there and was just wondering if that's worth an experience, prices are not listed so we aren't sure if it's worth it.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
74 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vadoo in end February

Hi

We got back from Vadoo a couple of weeks ago and had a wonderful time. We booked a water cottage, but got upgraded to a two bedroomed water suite. They water suites and water cottages all have a coffee table in the room with glass that slides off so you can watch and feed the fish. They have a sun deck with wooden loungers and steps into the sea. The sea around the water bungalows is very shallow (knee length in the morning, and a bit deeper in the afternoon) and with a lot of coral, so would suggest you wear something on your feet.

The big hat bar is great, with reasonably priced drinks (spirits around $2.50, beers $4) and great service - Sebastian in particular really looked after us. The restaurant is fine, but I found the food only average and fairly limited in choice.

Snorkelling around the house reef was absolutely amazing, like swimming in a tropical fish tank. I understand that the diving school was also very good, but we didn't try that out.

We did try the Ayurveda centre - I had a facial and my husband had a massage. If I remember correctly, the treatments averaged between $50-60. It was nice, but not as luxurious as some of the other places we've tried.

There's not a lot to do on the island other than snorkelling and relaxing. We took quite a few books but went through them in the first 4 days. There is a library in the resort where you can borrow books, but nearly all of them were Japanese.

All in all, we thought it was a lovely, quiet island and had a great stay.

Tracy

2. Re: Vadoo in end February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, August 20, 2009