We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru or Angsana Ihuru?

Portugal
Level Contributor
250 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru or Angsana Ihuru?

I'm thinking about going in September for the 4th time (Cocoa Island, Mirihi and Veligandu) to maldives, and I'm in doubt between Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru or Angsana Ihuru. I know that the islands are close to each other but can not decide which one to choose.

From what I read on trip adviser seems to me that Banyan Tree have the best rooms, best beaches and best food, but it seems to me that the snorkeling in Ihuru is far much better.

Please, someone can help me decide?

15 replies to this topic
Surrey
Level Contributor
370 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru or Angsana Ihuru?

Hi

Remember you can always pop across to snorkle at Ihuru - so you cant make the wrong decision - Enjoy

Mal

Portugal
Level Contributor
250 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru or Angsana Ihuru?

Surely i'll do it when i return. Until then.

Portugal
Level Contributor
250 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru or Angsana Ihuru?

Surely i'll do it when i return. Until then.

Penang Island...
3 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru or Angsana Ihuru?

Thank you Mal & Vitor :)

Portugal
Level Contributor
250 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru or Angsana Ihuru?

Hi Sylvia.

I returned the Banyan Tree and was not disappointed.

I stayed in a Ocean view bungalow (not deluxe) and although the smaller rooms of all the resorts where we stayed, a relatively small beach and not much privacy on the beach (due to the proximity of neighboring bungalows), was pleasant. However on the side of the island where are the deluxe bungalows, the beach is much larger and very pleasant.

The area of the restaurant is great and very very nice ... quiet and very relaxing.

The quality of food is very good, although i had difficulty in choosing two or three dinners a la carte. Lunches are buffet and dinner are à la carte, except for friday and sunday are also bufet.

If you like snorkeling the reef at the Banyan is a bit away from the beach (you have to swim about 100m to get there), but you can take the boat every two hours from 8:30 to the neighboring island (Angasana Ihuru) where the reef is much closer to the beach and the amount of coral and fish are very good.

The service at the Banyan is more than 5 stars ... all are of an exceptional friendliness and efficiency.

If you want to know something else I am available to answer any doubts.

Reply to: Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru or Angsana Ihuru?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted