We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deep sea fishing

Which North Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Deep sea fishing

Can anyone tell me if deep sea fishing is available from the dhonvelli beach resort and a rough cost? I also heard there was currently building work taking place- are there any major disruptions?

London
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Deep sea fishing

Hi Julie

Cant tell you about the resort in particular, however most resorts do game fishing on request (or at least claim to). This can be of variable standard of boat, equipment etc. I was at Kurumathi last year and the boat and staff were of a high standard. I paid about £250 for the boat for 5 hours. Obviously if 2 or 3 of you share the cost per head is divided. I am going to Summer Island this December and I know they do game fishing but not sure to what standard.

FYI I did some game fishing off Kenya in April and the prices were a lot cheaper (£120 for 5 hours).

If you've been game fishing before then I would assess the boat/skipper when you get there but dont expect the equipment you would get when off America or Australia.

Hope this helps

Rod

2. Re: Deep sea fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:36 am, August 17, 2009