We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sockets and plugs

Which North Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sockets and plugs

Not a very excitsing topic, sorry.

Going to Bandos in October and from reading all these posts have a pretty good idea of what to expect.

Except.... what kind of sockets and plugs do they have. Should I take a worldwide adaptor ? Also is the voltage different ? For example in Caribbean and USA the voltage is totally different so UK hairdryers, phone chargers etc don't really work. I have a US hairdryer I can take if I need it.

Thanks for any help

Suz.

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sockets and plugs

Hi suzyq

220/240v and 3pin plug same as UK, I think you might find that the rooms have hairdryers in them, i usually take a socket adaptor with me incase of a shortage of sockets

regards susie

2. Re: Sockets and plugs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, August 13, 2009