We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meeru Island Resort

Which North Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
AB2
Northumberland...
2 posts
Save Topic
Meeru Island Resort

My partner and I have booked a 10 day stay in the Meeru Island Resort in October. It's our first trip to the Maldives and we're really looking forward to it , but have been a little disconcerted to read some reviews warning about one half of the resort being better than the other. Some reviewers have mentioned that 'Village' side is much cleaner, less busy, and generally of a higher standard than the other side of the resort.

We have a Land Villa booked for our stay which we believe will be on the beach? but not 100% sure as the brochure info. and travel agent were a bit vague.

Can anyone shed any light on:

How the resort is split, is one part better than the other?

Is the whole island owned by the same company?

Is it possible to ask to be located in a particular part of the island, or do you have to take pot luck?

Regards

Alan Bell

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
458 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meeru Island Resort

Hi Alan

I was in Meeru in February - wonderful Island

This may help about the building work. (May 2006 - December 2006)

All I know is that the work is not affecting the Village Side, which I stayed in, and have to say, you get what you pay for, it was far more superier. If you stay in a Water Villa, Jacuzzi Water Villa or Jacuzzi Land Villa you eat in the village end. the Village is quieter, no music or anything, we did walk down a few times to the Dhoni Bar as they have entertainment every evening. They do very good priced upgrades once you get there. The island is owed by one company. You will find a map of the building works on the email site I have mentioned below, check where the land villa's are that are away from the works, they will be numbered, I think land villa's are 200's and 400's in numbers.

Contact Meeru a week before you arrive by email and ask.. for example: a land villa in the higher number 400's as you may have seen no building work on that part of the island. I asked for a sunset side JWV and that's what I got . All land villa's are on the beach, there are trees and foilage etc in between. Sand is everywhere even on the restaurant floors so no shoes are needed in Meeru believe me, no one wears them.

Many people have been during the building works and none have really complained at all, so please go on the forum below

www.meeru.co.uk

You will find everything you need to know

Have a wonderful time

Jacqui

AB2
Northumberland...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Meeru Island Resort

Jacqui,

Thanks for your reply and excellent advice. Have found a whole host of web sites relating to Meeru which we are reviewing in detail now.

We will contact the resort people before we go as you suggested, I think we will try and upgrade to a JLV for at least some of our stay on the island. Thanks again.

Alan.

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
458 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meeru Island Resort

Hi Alan

Glad to of been some help.

Upgrading into your holiday is what most people do, that way you get a taste of the whole island. The JLV's are excellent. Although you may be just as happy in your LandVilla, alot of people are, but you get more pampered in the Village if you like that sort of thing, (which I do!!! LOL)

It is a breathtaking place and you and your partner will have a wonderful time.

Enjoy

Jacqui

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
198 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meeru Island Resort

Hi,we stayed here in January,and had one of the most fantastic holidays ever,it was simply brilliant.We stayed in a jacuzzi land villa which was in the village end and it was heavenly,although we would have no hesitation in staying in a standard villa as the island is paradise,just go and enjoy you will love it,cheers Mark

LNR
England
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Meeru Island Resort

Hi Alan,

Went to Meeru earlier this year. Stayed in a Land Villa and it was excellent.

It is true to say that there are two resorts with the "Meeru Village" on the north of the island. However both resorts are excellent.

I have been lucky to stay in many 5 star hotels and Meeru Village definetly comes into that category. The rest of the island is of a good 4 star.

The main restaurant is very good and the pool, which is shared by the whole resort always had plenty of room and was never too busy.

Hope this helps.

Dean

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
42 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meeru Island Resort

The only real difference is that the village restrauant is child free.

We stayed in the village earlier this year but are hoping to return on a late booking so we are going for cheapest option and we have no problems in staying in a Land villa. If we return we would not be bothered as to what part of the island we were on.

All the properties are facing the beach, some slightly closer than others. The village accomadation is more luxiouious , More 5 star than the land villas., which are 4star.

I went in feb and the whole island was full however when you went out you wondered where every was. On the first moring we overslept as it was so quiet.

The whole island belongs to the same company. Apart from the restraunt you would not know that the island has two parts.

What time are you going in Oct. I am still trying to decide whether to go to Meeru or Faru. If money was no object there would be no contest. Meeru is best

Pauline

uk
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Meeru Island Resort

http://meerufenfushi.co.uk/

tHE SITE THAT POSTS THE NEGATIVES THAT THE MEERU DIE HARDS COVER UP

http://meerufenfushi.forumup.org/

Join and post your negatives on any maldives resort

Meeru is on the friends of the maldives website to boycot feel free to read why and get links from the above sites .

one side of the resort is know as chav city

8. Re: Meeru Island Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, August 12, 2009