We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

currency

swansea
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
currency

hi i was just wondering as were off in 2 weeks which currency is best to take for tips, and maybe gifts purchased on other islands thank you in advance jodie.

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: currency

The mighty US $. Take small denomination bills - $5, $10, etc If you have a credit card settle your room account on the resort with that.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,178 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: currency

just like Rex says.. dollars .. small bills. we take lots of ones and fives , however , we are in the habit of spreading our tips out .

don't forget that depending on where you live , you might have to order those small denomination usdollars a couple of days ahead of time from your bank.

spain
Level Contributor
786 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: currency

Also if you have more than one credit/debit card check in advance which one is likley to give you the best rate. All bills are converted into dollars and some credit card companies make a fortune on this.

I have a Nationwide card and get about 8% more money for my money. Even more when using an ATM overseas. They are about the best IMHO. If you have time before you go I would get one if I were you.

And as the others said US dollars in ones. Plenty of small tips every day make the world seem brighter. Every thing else on the plastic.

sunshinebob

4. Re: currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, August 12, 2009