We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing (and honeymoon) in the Maldives!

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Surfing (and honeymoon) in the Maldives!

Hi there,

I am looking to book our honeymoon for August in the Maldives but struggling to find a hotel. We want somewhere where my boyfriend can surf and I can chill and read! The only ones I have found are Hudhuran Fushi (but bad reviews) or Kandooma? Can anyone recommend either or these or know of anywhere else? Thanks! Lucy

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfing (and honeymoon) in the Maldives!

Those two crop up the most. Neither have a house reef so no snorkelling except by excursion. Cant recommend as not been there as I would only go to an island with a reef. if i had to choose it would probably be Kandooma although this is also recommended as family/child friendly and as you are going in August school holidays you might be unlucky with the amount of kids running around.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,178 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfing (and honeymoon) in the Maldives!

dhonveli is another one . i really wouldn't pick either for a honeymoon

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surfing (and honeymoon) in the Maldives!

Four Seasons Kuda Huraa

London
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Surfing (and honeymoon) in the Maldives!

All those mentioned already plus...

Naladhu

Six Senses Laamu

Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru

Dusit Thani

Bruce

www,maldivescomplete.com

Truro, United...
Level Contributor
579 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Surfing (and honeymoon) in the Maldives!

If the budget stretches Four Seasons KH or Six Senses Laamu...both offer surfing and relaxation, both 5* islands:)

BFB

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Surfing (and honeymoon) in the Maldives!

Really need budget as some of those are erm.... Quite expensive lets say politely

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Surfing (and honeymoon) in the Maldives!

Thanks everyone!, I had a look at Kuda Huraa but it is a bit out of our budget, we are looking at around £5-6K including flights from the UK. All the hotels I like seem like its really expensive to get a boat to surf. I will check out the others you recommended, nothing is ever easy is i. Does anyone have any experience of Hudhuran Fushi, it seems it is the best place to surf but we would like a bit of luxury too? We have a 'friend of a friend' who says it is lovely but some of the reviews on here are terrible, worrying when its your honeymoon!

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,647 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Surfing (and honeymoon) in the Maldives!

Hudhuranfushi, back in the day when it was Lohifushi, was our first island.

Like many first timers to the Maldives, we found it fantastic. In those days, quite a few resorts didn't have fresh water or hot water showers. We got an extremely cheap deal for a week.....those deals don't exist anymore.

Sorry to say that we would not return to Hud. even if the good deal was there. I don't know of any repeat Maldives visitors that would return to Hud above any other.

Surfing, yes. Luxury, no. Snorkelling limited.

John

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Surfing (and honeymoon) in the Maldives!

Was that in pounds, shillings and pennies ?

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,647 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Surfing (and honeymoon) in the Maldives!

Fourteen and eightpence three farthing.

(B&B of course)

John

Edited: 2:23 pm, June 24, 2013