We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One and Only Reethi Rah

Which North Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Preston, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
One and Only Reethi Rah

Hi All

We have booked our honeymoon to One and Only resort. Got a 'stay 7 pay 5 nights' deal with half board on beach villa and yacht transfers in May, very very chuffed .

Notice from the forum the lack of threads on the resort (however many happy customer reviews).

Has anybody who has visited the resort got any handy tips or advice for us? Or in general any tips or advice for our first visit to the Maldives?

Main question I have is everything I have researched is based on USD, does that mean we exchange our pounds to dollars or the Maldives local currency? I am aware the resort is very pricey so we will need to exchange alot of money!!

Thanks in anticipation

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One and Only Reethi Rah

I am not sure you csn use cash. Usually the resorts will take an imprint of your credit card and everything will be charged to the card .

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
13,724 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One and Only Reethi Rah

just use plastic ... dollars only for tipping and small purchases at airport or excursion . i have visited reethi rah .. it does have spoilfactor. really depends what you are looking for . for a first visit you'll love it

Preston, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One and Only Reethi Rah

Thanks for the tip.

We not into diving or snorkeling so this was not really an issue for us when booking, just want abit of heaven for a week and the pictures did paint our heaven for us.

Just another question, I am aware there will be mossies about, are there any other 'bug' like creatures that we need to worry about, namely Lizards! Lol, please don't laugh!

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One and Only Reethi Rah

Yes, there have been lizards on every Maldives island I've visited but they are cute and harmless. They're even sometimes in the outside bathrooms.

Preston, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: One and Only Reethi Rah

Thanks for the assurance..hopefully I wont run if I see one..

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,097 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One and Only Reethi Rah

Small lizards (feet look like claws) and geckos (feet look like they have suction pads) but not big ones. Only ever seen geckos near or at villas some as small as an inch - think they are cute if a it noisy. Lizards tends to be on trees or bushes outside - not su cute looking IMO. Nothing like that in water villas apart from odd crab on steps ;), speaking generally about Maldives rather than RR

Edited: 6:29 pm, March 27, 2013
7. Re: One and Only Reethi Rah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 29, 2014