We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Building on bandos

london
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Building on bandos

Has anyone returned from bandos lately??

We are travelling on the 28th may and was hoping the building work would have finished by then.

One other point, we are going during the rainy session, and expect some rain. But is it 24/7 or just a few hours a day.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Dean

Colchester
Level Contributor
507 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Building on bandos

Havn't been yet this year but other posts have mentioned that they hardley knew there was any work going on. Sometimes it rains for quite a few hours, only once when I was there did it rain nearly all day. There is plenty to do though they have a gym and stuff like that. Even in the rain though I usually sit outside the room and read.

uk
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Building on bandos

We go to Bandos on 4 June and been advised by Hayes and Jarvis that the building works which were due to end in April 06 won't finish until end June 06. They say the work is being carried out 6 days a week (not Fridays) 9am-8pm. Would be interested to hear from anyone just returned if it is a problem. The letter explains there are cement mixers operating and some noise heard in certain rooms.

Switzerland
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Building on bandos

Hi Dean

We just returned from Bandos on May 21st and had a great holiday. We stayed in a Beach Villa and didn't hear any of the building work during the whole two weeks. We met some people who stayed in a standard bungalow and garden villa and they didn't hear anything either. Bandos is a lovely island and there are many things you can do. During those 2 weeks (7.-21.5.) we only had very little rain. If it rains it's usually for a short period of time (few minutes - 1 hr). We only had one afternoon were we had heavy rains (thunder storm). There's a nice gym you can go to when it's raining and in the sand bar they sometimes show a movie on a cloudy day. If you stay in a beach villa it's the perfect time to use your Jacuzzi.

We loved Bandos and would return any time. The staff was very friendly and the food fantastic.

Have a great time!

Sonja, Switzerland

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Building on bandos

Hi

I got a reply about the weather from "rex diver" ...

If you have a look at my posting earlier about weather..urgent! There's a great web cam for one of the islands which you can check every minute of the day... which I'm doing now!

When we were there it rained for minutes then stopped and we only have one day of on-off rain all day. I don't think you can really guarantee the weather at any time it's one of those places though that you can just relax in regardless. Living in Dubai the rain is a novelty for us and my daughter loves it!

We went to Bandos Dec 2004 when half of the island was closed due to renovations and to be honest we heard nothing from our deluxe room as they had sectioned the work areas off so you couldn't see them.

I imagine the majority must be done by now as it's 1 1/2 years ago since we went.

We loved it, hence going back again to celebrate hubby's 40th!

We should be there 30th May so may see you there!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Building on bandos

Here's the post:

Also see the Maldivian Meteorology site:

www.meteorology.com.mv

There are also webcams at:

www.dolphin-base.com/galerie/webcam.htm

http://www.wernerlau.com/maldives/webcam.htm

Hope this helps.......

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Building on bandos

Please note that the correct meteorology site is

www.meteorology.gov.mv

and not the incorrect one given by Hammy.

........... activegirl

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Building on bandos

That'll be my fault. I gave the address to Hammy on an earlier post & got mixed up with gov & com.......

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Building on bandos

Oh you! Rex Diver getting me into trouble after only a few posts on this site!!! lol!

I should have known the site for the weather anyhow as I've been on it all day today!

Sorry to all!

london
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Building on bandos

Thanks guys for the great feedback, I will repay the favor when I return and give you an up date.

See you all soon!

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Building on bandos

Hanging my head in shame............lolol