We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chaaya Donhveli quick response if poss

Which North Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
67 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Chaaya Donhveli quick response if poss

Hello everyone, did a last minute to Chaaya, going on Sunday, would anyone know what the superior rooms are like, as no-one seems to make many comments, or would it be better to upgrade to beach bungalow (funds dont run too w/b), also is it ok to take medication in your hand luggage?lastly believe it is the start of the rainy season, pointers on what that entails, is it short bursts of rain or does it go on and on, please tell me it's not the latter!!!

many thanks

Valerie x

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,005 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chaaya Donhveli quick response if poss

although its rainy season and the weather is always unpredictable i would say you would be unlucky to get solid rain

Try searching for the room type on YouTube lots of travelers post footage on there of the inside of rooms they have stayed in

Darryl

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chaaya Donhveli quick response if poss

As Darryl says, weather is unpredicatable. It's possible to stand on an island in the Maldives, basking in the sunshine whilst watching a storm over another island.

The answer to the medication part of your question will depend on your travel arrangements. Personally I think it's a good idea to only take as much as you need for the flight in your hand luggage and pack the rest in your checked in luggage. If your flying via Dubai do not take any products with codeine in them unless you have a perscription/doctors note for them.

Rob

Edited: 7:36 am, April 25, 2012
Manchester
Level Contributor
546 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chaaya Donhveli quick response if poss

Superior rooms are in 2 storey blocks. Large bedrooms and bathrooms, based on the channel as opposed to the lagoon side of the island.

Think they have now put few beds on the small beach, couldnt swim from here as current too bad, but this is where the dolphins used to pass at about 4ish every day, wonderful.

We also stayed in beach bungalow215 which i loved, open patio doors straight onto the beach.

Email island and request what you want, you may get without paying upgrade we did.

If you look through past reviews you will find email address.

Enjoy I preferred it here to Vilamendhoo.

london
Level Contributor
67 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chaaya Donhveli quick response if poss

Oh many many thanks for your quick response, will do as you sugest and take just what I need for the day in hand luggage, and take a chance and email for upgrade, fancy having direct access to the beach, and as you say would have to be really unlucky for it too rain all the time,just looking forward too relaxing and not have too think too much xx

5. Re: Chaaya Donhveli quick response if poss

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, June 19, 2013