We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

building work at Hudhuranfushi

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
building work at Hudhuranfushi

We have booked to go to Hudhuranfushi in october. we were originally flying from Manchester but First Choice rang us to say they have stopped that flight, so Gatwick it is with £150 compensation...hardly covers diesel and parking let alone the inconvenience of four hours on the road!! But hey ho we want the Maldives so have agreed. To my dismay while looking on the resorts own website I have discovered that they are due to start building work in June. They state it will not affect guests but also state they will accept no complaints from clients??? I have to say this is a poor show on FC part and we will be contacting them tomorrow to try and find out what the score is

Can anyone else shed any light?

Pontypool, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
51. Re: building work at Hudhuranfushi

result guys.we have changed our resort no admin fee .i went to thomsons shop sunday and asked if they match the price they said yes but as soon as i showed them how much the resort had come down in price they said they may not be able to match it but they would let us no today,which they did.so great result for us and if anybody having same probs just play them at their own game fight them all the way.we are goin to vilamendhoo island resort @ spa.we jus paid 45 pound more to go there very happy.so thanks for all u guys and girls replying to us.helped us to fight it realy.it wasnt about the money it was the bloody princible.thanks again.

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: building work at Hudhuranfushi

Hi there Richard @ PurelyMaldives

Many thanks for your last post regarding the suspension of the new building work at Hudhuranfushi. Having followed the thread for the last few weeks, and having booked for October like uptowngirl, I had set in motion my Travel Councellor to harris Kioni about what was actually happening. Hopfully this is no longer needed thanks to you. Having spent the last 9 years traveling to the islands its good news that this woun't be the year it all goes wrong.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: building work at Hudhuranfushi

we were there in 2007 when they built the last water bungalows it never affected us once, in fact they finished some of them on our last night and the manager came and got us at 12 pm and took us to see them we had a fab time at this resort

54. Re: building work at Hudhuranfushi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about North Male Atoll