We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sun beds on Bandos

UK
Level Contributor
199 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
sun beds on Bandos

am going to Bandos in 3 weeks. Does anyone know if the sunbeds have cushions?? Can't bear the thought of lying on hard plastic all day every day.... Not that I'm precious or anything.

Sun Girl

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
139 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sun beds on Bandos

Mexi now its night here when i goto office in the mornign i will call to bandos and give you a relpay

but i think u can ask for cushions for sunbed's

i will chk and confirm you in tomorrow morning

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sun beds on Bandos

Returned from a week on Bandos yesterday. The sunbeds by the pool have cushions on them but the white plastic chairs and beds on the beach are un-cushioned.

We had a bit of a problem with people "reserving" beach beds with towels very early in the morning. One couple had SIX!!! Two in the sun, two in the shade and two on the waters edge!!!!!!.

We eventually adopted the "if you can't beat 'em join 'em attitude" and managed to get a bed each day albeit bagged by 7 am!!

This was my only negative comment on my customer service questionnaire on leaving Bandos. Hopefully if everyone comments about it they will do something about it.

We were only there for a week but would return again. If you need any more info let me know

Colchester
Level Contributor
507 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sun beds on Bandos

Yes the beds by the pool are lovely, with cushions. It wouldn't be practical for the ones on the beach to have cushions, they are very comfortable though.

London UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sun beds on Bandos

n55ras,

Glad you enjoyed your break. I've just a couple of questions. I'm going in June and have booked a Beach Villa, silly me assumed the Villa would come with atleast 2 sunbeds, is there really a problem about sunbeds? Secondly, I too am only going for a week but stopping off on the way back in Dubai (3 nights), did you go on any of the excursions and if so, can you recommend any? thanks in advance.

UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sun beds on Bandos

Oh no, is there a bit of a shortage of sunbeds by the pool then? I hate that morning fight to bag your spot...

We had the same issue when we stayed at Kuredu last year, compounded by the fact that there was very little shade by the pool so those spots went very early - and the beds you got with your room for the beach were chairs that only half reclined, so you couldn't lie flat on them (no chance of tanning your back!).

A lot of people had come prepared with lilos - maybe that's a solution to make the plastic beach beds more comfortable? (Asda were selling lilos last year for a quid or two each!).

Colchester
Level Contributor
507 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sun beds on Bandos

Never had a problem with getting a sunbed by the pool, it is just on some of the parts of the beach. The sunbeds are very light and are usually tidied up to the back of the beach at night and I could usually find one and relocate it to where I wanted. There are lots of small beaches and a few larger ones on Bandos.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sun beds on Bandos

Foubert

I too though we would have allocated sunbeds with the villa but that is not the case. The plastic beds are tidied up to the top of the beach at night but it is every man for himself in the mornings!! We did notice that a few beds and chairs had old markings on them in an obvious attempt to allocate to room numbers but it was only on a few. I don't think this would be practical really though as you don't always want to be on the beach near your villa and what a sight it would be if everyone was dragging their beds around the island!

We would always walk the island in the late afternoon and a few times it was possible to stop and chill on a solitary bed but never in the morning as they were all bagged very early.

We didn't use the pool but I gather they had a simlar problem there with the "laying of towels" very earaly.

We didn't do any excursions because our remit was to "blob" for the week but we did chat to a few people who had done the Friday fishing trip with BBQ which sounded very good and the dolphin trip also sounded good fun. If we had wanted trips ther was plenty of time to fit them in within a one week visit.

Enjoy your trip - wish I could do it all again (even the mad dash for a sunbed!!).

UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sun beds on Bandos

Hi n55ras - just wondered if you've done a review of your holiday on this site? Would be great to hear your experiences!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sun beds on Bandos

Midnightcowgirl

Will do a review in the next day or two.

Just read through my last post and realised I am either jet lagged or need to invest in a super spell checker!!!

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sun beds on Bandos

Hi n55ras

Now I see what you mean about reading your other post on sunbeds!! Better take an alarm clock as well as a lilo too!! ha ha. Do you know if June is a busy time at Bandos? i.e. are we going to have to be quick off the mark each morning for a sunbed?