We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

meeru...

Which North Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
grimsby england
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
meeru...

hi..been pricing up a few destinations in maldives and meeru jumps out the most:-) best price ive got for 2 adults,2wks,full board(beach villa) is £3,190 from gatwick..to go all inclusive it is going to cost £812(which is going to be a struggle) for the 2 of us..would it be better(and cheaper) to wait until we get there and see if we can upgrade to all inc? thanks in advance to any replies:-) x

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,628 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: meeru...

Unlikely to be any difference whatsoever.

The only way you may benefit by hanging on is if the pound suddenly surged against the dollar.

And the likelyhood of that is probably zero.

John

grimsby england
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: meeru...

lol..ok thanks..booked 2wk full board..we dont drink that much booze anyway...im saying that now :-)

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: meeru...

What a bargain, when is that going?

At meeru they have a tendancy to overbook rooms so what they do is offer you the opportunity free of charge!! (you don't have to) to go on a 2 night cruise or you can go to another island (komandoo is an option which is a higher standard island) for a couple of nights. When you come back because you have helped them out they offer you a thank you such as upgraded to all inclusive, upgrade to a water villa, free spa, meals etc.

If you do your research and want to do this do it as soon as you get there and ask for all inclusive when you come back. Let me know if that makes sense.

Very jealous we loved meeru!!!

grimsby england
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: meeru...

ended up paying £2,900 for 2 of us,2wks full board,flying from manchester which is loads better for us:-) was going to take about £500 spends for drinks and other bits.hope thats enough.lol.x

cumbria
Level Contributor
392 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: meeru...

When are you going?

And also which agent /airline are you using?

Lots going reagring direct flight (Or Not) on the forum at the minute. Jusy want to make you aware...

Sounds like you have an excellent deal there!

Hope you have a great time!

Freya

grimsby england
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: meeru...

we are going on 27th sept.booked with thomson.going via dubai with emirates..ooh whats going on?x

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,664 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: meeru...

I thought thomson only offered TOM flights from Manchester?

And they have recently pulled all summer TOM flights from manchester, which would have gone direct.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: meeru...

Out of interest I just did a search for both a holiday and a flight to the Maldives on Thomson website and they are still offering direct flights to Male from Manchester!! Date I used was 6th April.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,664 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: meeru...

@JacDer I think the last flight out is 10 April. If you search for summer date on Thomson it will say no hols found and we do not fly to Maldives from MAN in summer 2012.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: meeru...

Ah that explains it Lyn, I thought they stopped them in April. Flew with them for the first (and last) time last year, medium haul flight and it was awful.