We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cant decide Meeru or Kuredu

The north west
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Cant decide Meeru or Kuredu

Hi

This is a bit of a stupid question but wandered if anyone could help!

I still cant decide between Kuredu or Meeru. It is our first trip to Maldives so i dont have a clue.

As we are visiting in August I know I have a chance of rain, when i have been looking at reviews for both hotels i noticed that Meeru reviews mentioned a few days of rain in August yet at the same time of year there was no mention of any rain in Kuredu reviews, in fact quite the opposite.

My question is as Kuredu is further North are they less likely to get the rain at this time of year? Told you it was stupid.

Also I am looking for some really good advise, my flights are already booked for 12th Aug with Sri lanken, Spending 7nts in Sri Lanka then 7 in Maldives. Both these hotels are in budget as we are after a jacuzzi room so that narrowed it down. We just cant decide between them.

they both have there positive and negatives it seems but its left me stuck.

I am looking at doing some snorkeling (she isnt fussed) would love a nice place to eat in the evening and a beautiful beach.

Sorry to go on but as she is a student teacher and I have started my own business we hardly see each other. She is left the decision to me and we need tome quality time together so ive gotta get it right.

thanks in advance and sorry for droning on

Ryan

lincs
Level Contributor
498 posts
1. Re: Cant decide Meeru or Kuredu

Hi Ryan,

Firstly if you need quality time together you have chosen the right destination.I think as first timers to the Maldives you will be blown away which ever island you choose!

Have been to Meeru,but a few years ago(2004) it was our first island & we loved it.Both islands you have chosen are large & have lots going on towards most Maldive islands.Have only seen Kuredu when picking people up by sea plane( we were staying on Komandoo its sister island) but the beaches there looked totally fab, & according to people who did kuredu /komandoo 2 island holiday the food was the same as Komandoo( totally wonderful in that case).

If snorkelling is a factor Kuredu shoud win ,as Meeru snorkelling off the island was poor,you had to go out on the boat to the reef.Kuredu is supposed to be good( I"m sure someone who has been to kuredu will help better on this,but just landing & waiting in the seaplane you could see the water teeming with fish)

Don't think you will find a massive variation in weather between the 2 islands at that time of year.

Good luck,& enjoy whichever island you choose.

Hope this helps a little

Suex

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
55 reviews
2. Re: Cant decide Meeru or Kuredu

Hi Ryan

I stayed at Meeru in November 2007. It is a big island with plenty of activities and good food. It only has one specialty restaurant - the Asian Wok. There was another on a moored boat, but I believe it sank earlier this year.! Snorkelling at Meeru is not good. The house reef is only reachable via a boat trip and, even the, does not provide great snorkelling.

I haven't been to Kuredu but from what I know of it, sounds a better bet for you. It is also a large island but it offers 3 or 4 restaurants in addition to whichever one you are allocated to. There is also supposed to be good snorkelling on the house reef. 2 others pluses come to mind. Firstly, Kuredu is an All Inclusive island and secondly it is reached by seaplane transfer, which is a great way to start your holiday.

OD

North East England
Level Contributor
450 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Cant decide Meeru or Kuredu

We stayed on Kuredu last Xmas. It is a large island with lots going on and is enjoyed by couples and families. There are several restaurants but allocation of restaurant depends on the accommodation you stay in. Garden/Beach bungalows you are allocated one buffet restaurant and 4 bars, but can go to the a la cartes as these are not part of the inclusive deal. All other accommodation you can eat and drink in any of the bars and any of the 4 buffet restaurants. Two of the bars and restaurants are for age 12 and above which we found great as there was lots of children there. Cocktails were not part of the all inclusive but you can upgrade to gold at an extra daily cost fro a minimum of 6 days. There is loads of info on www.kuredu.com. We enjoyed our time on this island but wouldn't return as there are so many islands plus we are going to try a smaller island the next time we go.

St. Albans, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
54 reviews
4. Re: Cant decide Meeru or Kuredu

we have been to both kuredu and meeru and whichever you choose will be fine, honestly

snorkelling at meeru is poor, but we preferred the island itself, so i suppose it depends what you're after

5. Re: Cant decide Meeru or Kuredu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, October 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about North Male Atoll