We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices at Full Moon?

Which North Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
2 posts
Save Topic
Prices at Full Moon?

We have just booked our honeymoon at Full Moon and are going half board. We're not bothered about lunch but can anyone tell me what sort of prices we can expect to pay for drinks there? I've been to the Maldives before but to an all-inclusive island so didn't really pay any attention to the prices. Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,638 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices at Full Moon?

I'm going to Full Moon Next February and I've done some research. A lovely lady called Laura who has already been to Full Moon has kindly told me the following:-

----

Casting my mind back I think the prices of drinks are similar to those in London (although it does depend on the dollar exchange rate as everything is priced in US$). I'm pretty sure beers were $5 (a pint), wine approx $20 a bottle, spirits & mixers approx $7-8, soft drinks $3, fresh fruit juices $5. Lunchtime food at the pool bar was $10-15 for pizzas, sandwiches with fries etc. We were on half board so didn't pay extra for dinner, but there are a few restaurants each with different menus and different prices (I think the Italian was the most expensive) but the coffee shop is open for dinner and lunch and does a really varied & tasty menu at good prices. It's worth remembering that on top of these prices 10% service charge is added which going to all the staff in the resort.

We found buying wine by the bottle to be more cost effective as you can take it from the restaurant, to the bar or your room, or the bar staff will keep it at the bar for you until the following day! Also I'd suggest buying large bottles of water - they are $3 each but are more cost effective than the small ones and you need to drink lots when it's hot!

The breakfasts are a huge buffet and I think serve until 10.30 - so if you have a late breakfast you may not want much for lunch - I used to take a couple of bananas with me after breakfast to keep me going!

Hope this is of use to you - I've been to a few other resorts in the Maldives and Full Moon is still my favourite. The prices are probably not the cheapest you will find, but they aren't the most expensive either. If you are worried about it it may be worth changing to half board - the meals in the Full Moon Restaurant (where HB is served) are fantastic & really varied. There are 4 courses so you won't be hungry afterwards, and you can get a small discount from the other restaurants if you decide to eat in the other restaurants for one or two nights!

----

Hope this helps.

Ciaran

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,638 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prices at Full Moon?

I've just got all the menus and prices from the hotel by email if you want to see them.

London
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Prices at Full Moon?

Yes please that would be great! Can you send them to ljgoode@aol.com?? Thanks!!

Denver, CO
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Prices at Full Moon?

I just booked two weeks at Full Moon for Full Board. I'm nervous it won't be a quality resort and also that we might be wasting money by going Full Board. Any thoughts out there?