We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phone charges

Cheltenham
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Phone charges

What are the charges like for using phones out in Filitheyo? I take it they have phones in the rooms?

My dad will be in for an op when we are away and would like to keep in touch.

Thanks

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phone charges

Hi billigmeister

There are telephones in the rooms and there is also internet access on the island, not sure exactly how much calls are but have been told it is very expensive, maybe texting would be a cheaper option

susie

Cheltenham
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phone charges

Thanks susie

Stockton Heath...
Level Contributor
309 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phone charges

i just used my mobile when i was away, i don't know whether that would have worked out cheaper than the phones in the rooms but i know they were very expensive

Cheltenham
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phone charges

I checked with my mobile providers website and that would be £1.50 a minute - which i guess is as expected, suppose assumes good coverage in Filitheyo. Does anyone one know if they do get coverage?

uk
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phone charges

We are travelling to Filitheyo next week and have subsribed to www.oneroam.co.uk.

The cost of calls, taking into account the subscription, is far less than service providers. Well worth paying. I can't remember the exact charges but it is about one third the cost of T mobile.

I have checked their coverage for the Maldives, which is ok. I suppose it could vary on different islands.

Give it a go!They send you a sim card just for use on holiday and can continue to be used on any holiday if you buy aditional call-time.

It was recommended by our tour operator.

6. Re: Phone charges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Faafu Atoll