We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Filitheyo Island Resort

England
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Filitheyo Island Resort

Wanted to stay in a Water villa - travel agent just come back to say only Superior Villa available What are they like? Are they semi-detached? Can you hear neighbours? Any suggestions to ask for a specific room number?

My dream was to come out of my room and into the sea snorkel attached!

Plymouth
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Filitheyo Island Resort

We have just returned from the Filitheyo (yesterday). We stayed in a superior room (standard), which are semi-detached. We stayed in room 78 which was ideal for swimming and snorkelling, and fairly close to the eating/drinking facilities (5 mins walk). The area without broken coral was right in front of our room so was ideal for swimming and it wasn't at all crowded. I think it was also close to the best snorkelling area - exit point 6 was right in front of our hut and we snorkelled to exit point 4 and 7, depending on the current. The fish were fantastic! There were other snorkelling areas but this seemed to be popular, although there were never more than 5/6 people around (even though the island was full).

The room was really nice - quite spacious, 4 poster bed with mosie nets. The outdoor bathroom was really nice, although a bit spooky if you needed the loo at night. There was plenty of vegetation cover in the area, which made it a bit more susceptible to mosies than the water bungalows. You have your own sun loungers allocated so don't have to worry about beating the others to the beach. We had no noise problems at all, although the walls were thin so if you're neighbours were inconsiderate it could impact on you. However, the staff were so helpful I'm sure they would do their utmost to sort this for you.

Whilst there, we upgraded to a water villa for ourlast 3 nights, which you may be able to do when you're there. It was quite a bit cheaper than pre-booking and was painless to organise. The water villas were a bit bigger and brighter, with a jacuzzi bath, but with the same decor. You have your own terraces (one in the shade and one in the sun all day) with fantastic views. It was good for swimming, but not so good for snorkelling. We saw a couple of snorkellers out each day and tried it ourselves, but it was hard work to get out to the reef (although I'm not a great swimmer). In the end, we chose to walk to the sunset bar, leave our bags there, walk to our old room and snorkel to exit point 4, conveniently next to the bar, where we could reclaim our bags and have a drink!

If you can only get a superior room (are deluxe rooms available as they're detached?), don't let it put you off at all. Email the hotel and ask for a room on the wide bit of beach (we did and were given it). I gather the beach changes shape throughout the year, so recommending numbers is difficult. Just a word of warning - the higher the room number, the further away it is from the bars and restaurant, so further to walk. The high 90s and 100s looked just a bit too far!

As you can probably tell from the reviews, it is a fabulous resort, as near perfection as you can hope to get. I hope you book and enjoy it as much as we did.

England
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Filitheyo Island Resort

Thanks very much Archiesfriend for all thay information. I think my mind is now made up.

Get answers to your questions about Faafu Atoll