We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Filitheyo - swimming

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Filitheyo - swimming

Please can anyone comment on the statement below which I saw on another website. I was all set to make a decision re Fili when this gave me cause for concern. Is the swimming ok? I dont want to travel to the Maldives only to use the swimming pool. Many thanks

'On the South side the lagoon is larger and shallower but full of dead coral which is not ideal for swimming. The swimming pool however compensates for this'

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Filitheyo - swimming

All resorts are full of dead coral in the lagoons, the people who made this comment, clearly had no shoes on their feet, and could not swim very well.

Book and enjoy the Maldives...who needs a pool when you have the warmest clearest pool right in front of your room..it called the Indian Ocean.

Emu ;-)

Level Contributor
77 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Filitheyo - swimming

Don't hesitate! I am usually a pool person but am a sea convert now! Were lucky to get an upgrade to a watervilla which did make a difference I suppose but the water was clear on both sides of island. I would suggesta pair of beach shoes though so you don't worry about where you put your feet - even I got some and I love shoes but not those. Make sure you don't get upgrade to other island Fili best for house reef and fish. Enjoy it , only home a month and dying to go back!

3. Re: Filitheyo - swimming

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, October 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Faafu Atoll
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question