We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code Filitheyo

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,369 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Dress code Filitheyo

Going to Filitheyo in September this will be our 8th time to the Maldives. Have seen somewhere about dress code in the restaurant. Is it ok for woman to have bare shoulders ie: strappy tops or halternecks? this has never been a problem before. Is it frowned upon if men wear shorts or is this Ok?

We are aware to cover up on non-resort islands. Many thanks Natalie

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code Filitheyo

Hi Natalie,

Not a problem now either, I think that tourists are a lot more relaxed about dress over the last few years, which is possibly a bad thing as some people take it a little too far to the point of insulting the Maldivian religion, but having visited 7 times before you know what to wear and what not! you will be fine as before is basically what I am trying to say.

Hope you have a good time!

Regards

Emu

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,369 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code Filitheyo

Thanks for this Emu

I know what you mean about some tourists relaxed attitude towards dress and we didn't want to offend anyone this time.

My husband and I usually dress quite smart anyway he wears linen trousers or three quarters and shirts( He finds T Shirts too warm) and I usually wear a sundress or skirt and top.

It always amazes me that you see people in denim jeans, I mean Hellooo!!! it's 30 degrees!

I once saw a woman at Male airport in a pair of furry boots, jeans and a bikini top!!

Thanks again Natalie

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code Filitheyo

Last year we had a lady in a minuscule thong at the beach bar, much to the amusement of the other guests and the embarassment of the waiter who had the misfortune to have to serve her. It was even funnier when she waddled off down the sands with pink stripey indentations from the deck chair on her really rather large bottom:-)) Even the waiter laughed out loud. Definetely a class act.

FILITHEYO
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code Filitheyo

Smart Casual is the dress code at the restaurant. Filitheyo is traditionally barefoot on the beach and sexy bikinis are trends at the beach.

5. Re: Dress code Filitheyo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, October 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Faafu Atoll