We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Maldives in August

Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Weather in Maldives in August

Can anyone please tell me what the weather in the Maldives in like in August. We are staying the the Vilu Reef resort in the Dhaalu Atoll island, arriving on 16 August for 2 wks. I am just worried that there is going to be bad weather at this time of the year? Has anyone been there as this same time?

Mentioned in this post
Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,922 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Maldives in August

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?ff=7445&geo=293953&scope=2&q=weather+august&returnTo=%2FShowForum-g293953-i7445-Maldives.html

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Maldives in August

we went in june which is meant to be the rainy season and had 2 weeks of sun!! belive me the weather is crazy all over the world right now!! even the madivians told me the weather can never be predicted by seasons anymore..what ever the weather, the maldives is paradise..and vilu reef is know exeption!! enjoy!!

Fowey
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Maldives in August

Hi There.

We are going to Vilu Reef in February and I noticed that you were going in August this year.

I have just found out that they had a fire on the island; can you give me any information about this, and, most important of all, did you have a good time?

best wishes.

Fowey
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Maldives in August

Hi There.

I'm not sure if you got my last message so I'm posting again, hope you don't mind.

We are going to Vilu Reef in February and I just read about the fire they had there. Can you give me any information on this, and did you have a good time?

Best wishes.

South Wales
Level Contributor
946 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Maldives in August

We just got back and they mentioned a fire, ( small one I think ) but there is no sign of any damage anywhere.

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,727 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Maldives in August

Hi there ... a water bungalow and 6 rooms were apparently completely burnt down on Vilu Reef and took 3.5 hours to put out. Being an inhabited was close by they helped to put the fire out. Some people thought their partners were still inside so it was quite traumatic plus the fact they had lost all their belongings. Thankfully no one was injured.

The island is still open and apparently the Maldivian police are currently investigating into its cause which is unknown.....

.... activegirl

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,727 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Maldives in August

sorry I left out the word "island" after inhabited .....

.... activegirl

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Maldives in August

Found some pics !!! looks scary !!!!!!

www.flickr.com/photos/sg_kane/3715836759/

London
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in Maldives in August

Hi there

We went 19 July and came back 6 Aug. I must say we were extremely lucky with the weather as for the 3 weeks the sky was clear with just rare clouds. OUr naighboours, Italian couple, had been staying a week before us and said thunderstorms were every night and grey- ish or haizy in the day time with some sun but still very warm. On that day it was only us arrivint to the resort so the staff said we had brought good weather with us. I must mention how important it is to see the Moldives in the sunshine on arrival. This "wow" feeling will stay with you forever. We did not experience any thunderstorms but the last night. It was litterally bucketting. The next day was grey and veeery humid. So I wish you sunny days and enjoy the Maldives. It really is a paradise on the Earth

Mentioned in this post
10. Re: Weather in Maldives in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, October 09, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Haa Dhaalu Atoll