We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fihalhohi v Reethi

Mansfield
Level Contributor
105 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Fihalhohi v Reethi

Hi If anyone has been to these two islands could you tell me which you prefer please. I have been to Reethi and loved it but Fihalhohi works out a lot cheaper for next summer and what with the credit crunch etc wondered if it would be a disappointment after Reethi. Many thanks for your time.

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fihalhohi v Reethi

Hi trishjo

i haven't been to Reethi but i have been to fiha 3 times and going again next june so that really speaks for itself, fiha is a lovely island it's 3* so dont expect more and you wont be dissapointed if you go to this forum everyone is very helpful and will answer any questions you have on this island

www.fihalhohiuk.forumup.org

regards susie

Donsol, Philippines
Level Contributor
339 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fihalhohi v Reethi

I can only speak for Fiha too but we have just returned last week from our second visit and are about to book our third for next year...it is a lovely laid back island

JOx

lincoln
Level Contributor
125 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fihalhohi v Reethi

We've just returned from Fiha too, and absolutly loved it. We did actually visit a 5* island during an island hopping trip (not sure what star reethi is) and we didn't like it!!! Fiha is soooo laid back. I'd save my money, go to Fiha, and have some treats in the spa.

Emma

(review coming up, sorry its taing so long, can't match lifesavers novel though!)

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fihalhohi v Reethi

Yegh,

Come on Jo and Emma --get those reports done.

Rumps

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fihalhohi v Reethi

Hi trishjo,

The only thing that Fiha does better is the house reef - I was fairly disapointed by Reethi in this aspect due to the Tsunami damage/bleeching - Fiha has a better drop off with more diversity + the local Thilas/gardens are better than the surrounding waters of Reethi, everything else is better at Reethi, the beaches are wider,food better, more choice of food/restaurants, staff are similar, Fiha main restaurant cannot cope with the beds on the island and some are in two storey, given the choice I would not choose one of these rooms, but you dont always have a choice.

Reethi feels just more polished all round, but I guess that if the price is right then you can do a lot worse than Fiha.... you will get used to the unsightly 100ft radio mast after week 1.

Regards

Emu

lincs
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fihalhohi v Reethi

You only really see the mast on your approach to the island,not whilst on it.

Sue

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fihalhohi v Reethi

Hi Sue,

I was just being scarcastic ;-).. There is nothing wrong with Fiha its a nice island and no usually you cannot see the mast, although they make no mention of it prior to arrival! ...all I am saying is it's just not as good as Reethi Beach.

Which was the question asked by Trishjo initially, and so far in the replies it appears that only I have stayed at both? but would be most interested in other opinions of people who have indeed stayed at both, It is easy to say Fiha is amazing but compare it with others and it is the 3* that it claims to be.

Regards

Emu

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fihalhohi v Reethi

Hi trishjo,

I forgot to say, that ..no I doubt you would be disappointed with Fiha, it is very different to Reethi, and after all still the Maldives, I find that most islands all have their own unique qualities that make them better in some areas than the last visited anyway...

So my advice is, if its cheap go ;-)

lincs
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Fihalhohi v Reethi

Hi Emu,

Just did not want the mast to put anyone off what is one of the most affordable & good value for money islands.Totally agree it is only 3* ,but don't think it pretends to be anything else.Reethi is on my list of islands to visit, but money wise it comes out as considerably more than Fiha.

Kindest Regards

Suex

plymouth
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Fihalhohi v Reethi

Having spent some time trawling through the multitude of maldivian reviews of islands (thanks folks) within my price bracket I would say that all the islands offer basically the same package main restaurant, speciality restaurants, main bar, beach/sunset bars, water sports, diving etc and not surprisingly they all end up with similar ratings from guests. Although until recently I had never read a "bad" review about Reethi.

If its a lot cheaper I would try Fihalhohi you may not like it as much as Reethi but you certainly won't be disappointed.

Get answers to your questions about Baa Atoll