We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rangali Reef quality + Spa Villas

UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Rangali Reef quality + Spa Villas

A couple of questions on my first post...

I'm a keen reef aquarist and reasonably experienced diver (although not dived for a few years). I'm planning a stay at the Hilton next Aug in the Superior water villas and possibly spa water villas. I was wondering what the reefs are like around the island? Have they suffered from human contact (how well briefed are guests on conservation issues and not touching etc)?

My second question(s) ralates to the differences between the Superior and Spa water villas. It seems that the Spa villas are much bigger and better furnished but for not a lot more cash :) (plus you get treatments etc thrown in). Are they really better value over the other water villas? How about location between the two - the Spa villas are closer to the 'house reefs' I believe?

Many thanks!

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rangali Reef quality + Spa Villas

The main reef runs alongside the main island on the side which faces away from the water villa island. There is a smaller reef between the two islands in the lagoon. On the water villa island there some very interesting patches of coral on the side facing away from the main island. You can expect to see lots of queen triggers, picasso triggers, juvenile boxfish, etc all around. All guests are well briefed with "look but don't touch or feed" ethos & conservation is promoted. Rangali is not regarded as a true snorkellers island although there is plenty to see & they offer excursions to good snorkelling spots...............

Only you can tell if the difference is better value. I guess it depends on what you want from your stay..............I though the std water villas were fine. The spa village is nearer to the main reef...........

UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rangali Reef quality + Spa Villas

Thanks Rex, that's useful stuff.

Anyone stayed in both?

Cheers.

3. Re: Rangali Reef quality + Spa Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, August 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rangali Island