We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ithaa restaurant - time to go

London
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ithaa restaurant - time to go

Hi folks,

I'm going to hilton for my honeymoon in Feb 2007 and really want to go to ithaa restaurant. I would rather go in the evening (mainly cos I do not want to waste a day inside), but am a little concerned that the view may not be as good. Does the water get dark soon after starting the meal and if so is it difficult to then see the marine life.

Thanks,

Victoria

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
96 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ithaa restaurant - time to go

Hi Vitoria,

The Ithaa Restaurant will be good at any time, for Lunch or Dinner.

The Ithaa Open for Cocktail hour every day from 11:00hrs to 12:00

and Lunch will be from 12:30hrs to 14:30hrs

The Dinner will be staring from 18:30hrs except Saturday and Wednesday (Wed & Sat Dinner starts at 20:30hrs Still you will be able to see undersea life... coz they have fixed some lights undersea.

to get more Information send email to maldives@hilton.com

or vist www.hiltonmaldivesresort.com

so you can seee more Pic...

Maldivesadd

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,373 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ithaa restaurant - time to go

marine life after dark is quite different from daylight . you could see species that are in hiding during the day and come out to hunt at night , however .. most of the colorful coral fish have gone to their resting places.

it rather depends if you want the chance to perhaps observe one of the night time predators or view the more abundant, but maybe not quite as exciting daytime activity.

you could always go twice :)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ithaa restaurant - time to go

Nice idea, Spammie! Think of all the additional revenue that would generate for the resort!!!

Seriously, Ithaa restaurant is quite different in daytime and evening.

At lunch time it's very bright and blue outside, and of course much better visibility because it's light and you can see all the colours of the fish.

Dinner time starts early (1830) specifically so you get to see the restaurant when it's still light and enjoy the sunset. In the evenings you get to see sting rays, barracuda, the occasional shark and moray eel, which you won't see in the daytime. Then it gets dark and we switch on the floodlighting so you can always see the fish outside.

If you want the best of both worlds, book a dinner in Ithaa and then you can always go for cocktails at 11am in the daytime.

London
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ithaa restaurant - time to go

Now that's a good idea! Don't think our budget could have stretched to dinner AND lunch, but reckon we could squeeze the cocktails in!

Thanks for the advice,

Victoria

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ithaa restaurant - time to go

Xxperdita - Do the lunch cocktails & then if you're impressed enough do the evening meal. Personally I didn't as I thought that £300+ for a meal for 2 including wine is a bit OTT, but if you've got that amount to burn...................

6. Re: Ithaa restaurant - time to go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:22 am, August 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rangali Island