We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Much of a risk is it going in August?

London
6 posts
Save Topic
How Much of a risk is it going in August?

Hi,

I am getting married at the end of July and need to book somewhere. The Hilton Looks great but i am worried about the weather.

Would i be better to stay in Europe.

Thanks

Paul

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Much of a risk is it going in August?

"Would i be better to stay in Europe."

As opposed to the Maldives? Are you nuts?

You stay in Europe & I'll take your place at the Hilton. I would go any time of year...........

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,124 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Much of a risk is it going in August?

lol Rex ... you are sooo right

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How Much of a risk is it going in August?

If you look to the left of this page you'll see a box called 'Inside pages'. There you'll find a lot of info on the weather which will help you make up your mind.

Good luck deciding!

London
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How Much of a risk is it going in August?

I've been to the Maldives three times but the last time I went was in September a couple of years ago and had very bad luck with the weather.

There was a cyclone which lasted for the entire two weeks I was there.

Every day we woke up to grey skies, strong winds and frequent showers which meant we couldn't sunbath, swim, snorkel or even go on day trips. Bascially it was the most depressing holiday I've ever been on!

I'm not suggesting it will always be as bad as that, but if it is you couldn't be in a worse place!

Hopefully the weather will be ok but you will be taking a big risk but you could get lucky.

If you do want to guarantee good weather go between February and March which is when I went the first two times.

London
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How Much of a risk is it going in August?

I've been to the Maldives three times but the last time I went was in September a couple of years ago and had very bad luck with the weather.

There was a cyclone which lasted for the entire two weeks I was there.

Every day we woke up to grey skies, strong winds and frequent showers which meant we couldn't sunbath, swim, snorkel or even go on day trips. Bascially it was the most depressing holiday I've ever been on!

I'm not suggesting it will always be as bad as that, but if it is you couldn't be in a worse place!

Hopefully the weather will be ok but you will be taking a big risk but you could get lucky.

If you do want to guarantee good weather go between February and March which is when I went the first two times.

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How Much of a risk is it going in August?

Above is a case of extreme bad luck methinks. That type of weather is not the norm............but there is always a slight chance.............

Personally I would take the chance............

London
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How Much of a risk is it going in August?

Thanks for the advice guys.

I have bitten the bullet and booked it!

I did have a look at the Seychelles and Mauritius but i just dont get the same vibes from the hotels.

I am stopping over at Dubai for four nights on the way back so we should see some sun there at least.

Will let you know how we got on (should you be interested)

THanks

Paul

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How Much of a risk is it going in August?

If it's possible to change it Paul, I would go to Dubai first. It's an excellent chill out wind-down in the Maldives after experiencing the hustle of Dubai.

Let us all know how you get on............. you'll have a great time

London
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How Much of a risk is it going in August?

Next Question

Hilton of Banyan Tree?

Big fan of Water Sports

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How Much of a risk is it going in August?

The Hilton has a watersports centre but if for nothing else the seaplane journey over the atolls to get there - you'll never forget the view..............