We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving Questions!!

Wales
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Diving Questions!!

Hi,

We are off to Hilton in a few weeks time for honeymoon and wondered if any of you (REX!) could answer a few questions:

1. Can we dive at all if no qualifications/experience? (like a 'try dive')

2. If we do PADI referral course before we go would we have to go on specific dives tailored to the fact we are on a referral to count towards our 4 open water dives or can we just go on any of the dives offered at the Hilton?

Hope this all makes some sense!

Louise

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Diving Questions!!

I did my Advanced at Stoney Cove....

7 deg C, 7 mm two piece semi dry, queue to get in the water even at 7am on a Wednesday. Come to think of it, the lucky number 7 aint all it's cracked to be..........lol

I would still go for the referral although diving in the UK does stand you in excellent stead for anywhere else.

Here's me, 1 mile from the sea where viz is about 9 inches. Do I dive the sea locally?.......Errrm, no.

dorset
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Diving Questions!!

Loupy

Padi63 makes a valid point. Learning to dive here will stand you in good stead abroad. Conditions here can be poor but it is an excellent environment to learn in. When you qualify and go away to dive i promise you , you will appreciate it a whole lot more, and personally i think you would potentially be a better diver for it.

Kane

dorset
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Diving Questions!!

Loupy

Padi63 makes a valid point. Learning to dive here will stand you in good stead abroad. Conditions here can be poor but it is an excellent environment to learn in. When you qualify and go away to dive i promise you , you will appreciate it a whole lot more, and personally i think you would potentially be a better diver for it.

Kane

Get answers to your questions about Rangali Island