We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking in advance

Hertfordshire...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Booking in advance

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I just booked 14nights BB at the Hilton Maldives in June (low season I know but it's my bday :) and have heard that I should book the 'special' restaurants way in advance. Can anyone offer more light on the subject i.e. which ones, as all I have is a huge list? Particularly interested in the UnderSea and WineCellar experiences.

Also does this apply to excursions aswell? Also can anyone recommend what of the many excursions are the best?

Appreciate replies! Thanks guys! :)

Mentioned in this post
sussex. uk
Level Contributor
316 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking in advance

Hi Laurie

It's advisable to book the two restaurants you have mentioned, I think mainly because they only seat a handful each time. Other one I have heard that is advisable to pre-book is the private BBQ if you fancy that. Don't think there is a need to book excursions but perhaps plan what you'd like to do when you get there will help you decide.

You are only able to book up to two weeks before your arrival though.

Only 40 hours and I'm off to Rangali. Not that I'm counting!!!!

M

sydney, australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking in advance

you count away misaps (77 days to go...)! we expect a full review as usual...

Jon

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking in advance

Hi Laurie

We take bookings for restaurants, spa treatments and excursions 14 days before your arrival.

Excursions aren't really necessary to book in advance.

Just email us with your name and arrival date two weeks ahead: maldives@hilton.com

Glasgow
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking in advance

Hi there

I booked Ithaa and private BBQ in advance. I also heard that the wine cellar and Koko grill fill up quickly so you may want to consider those as well if they tempt you.

Muppet

Glasgow
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking in advance

Hi there

I booked Ithaa and private BBQ in advance. I also heard that the wine cellar and Koko grill fill up quickly so you may want to consider those as well if they tempt you.

Muppet

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking in advance

Def book the private BBQ as soon as you can, especially if you want it on a specific day. Ithaa only seats a limited number as does Koko & Wine Cellar so if these appeal book as soon as possible.

The sunset cruise is an excursion worth mentioning....

Hertfordshire...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking in advance

Thanks for advice! Had no idea could only book 2 weeks in advance. Hadn't considered private BBQ -def am now!

Thanks everyone, keep'em coming! :)

London, UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking in advance

Def book the private beach BBQ - it is just lovely. I looked it before we went and asked for the sunset side (as 4 can be going on at the same time) We got the best spot which is on the water villa island near the sunset villa end - was just beautiful and the food and service was great. Book it!

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking in advance

Ditto! We had the same spot. Worth every penny. Make sure you're hungry though as it's a 5 course meal........

Glad you liked it holsjo. I seem to recall it was moi that recommended it to you.........but I could be wrong.........whatever, it's a memorable night innit??

London, UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking in advance

Yes think you did recommend it Rex, we did it on our last night there and it was wonderful. Far too much food though!! Really couldnt eat it all, although we tried our best!

Get answers to your questions about Rangali Island