We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deluxe and superior water villas

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
Deluxe and superior water villas

This request is particularly for kanthony or anyone else who may know. Where exactly are the deluxe water villas and the superior water villas on Rangali Island? I have the aerial photo that shows Rangali Island with the premier water villas at the 'bottom' end of the island and the bridge at the 'top' end (the other island is off to the left of Rangali). I can see water villas on both sides of the island at the 'bottom' end and some on one side (the opposite side to the bridge) at the 'top' end. Which ones are superior and which are deluxe? I would be very grateful to find out which are which. Thanks.

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deluxe and superior water villas

I think (not 100% sure) that the superior & delux bungalows run from the overwater spa up toward the bridge with the superior ones being right at the top. The overwater spa is about 1/2 way along the island in the little group of buildings on their own.

I may just be dribbling on a load of rubbish though so kanthony will need to confirm or shoot me down in flames.........lol

Wales
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Deluxe and superior water villas

Fairly sure that what rex said is right but if you look on Hiltons worldwide site there is a 360 tour on there which shows position of each category of WV. I now Deluxe are at top end close to bridge as thats what we were meant to be staying in (In Premier one now so much further to walk but think we will put up with that!)

Louise

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deluxe and superior water villas

Hi Louise

Welcome back to the friendly forum ;o)......lol

Half Moon Bay...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Deluxe and superior water villas

I have a picture of the resort map that has been hand annotated with the locations of the specific accommodations (I can't remember where I got it now... either from someone on this site or maybe in an email from the resort).

Anyway, it says that the Deluxe water villas are #343-348, which are the grouping of six villas closest to the bridge. The superior villas are then #331-342, which are the twelve villas between the deluxe villas and the over water spa.

For completeness, the two Premier villas are at the far end of the island just before you head off to the Sunset villas, and everything else between the over water spa and the premier villas are the standard villas (looks like 28 of these?).

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Deluxe and superior water villas

That sounds about right doliver. That's what I figured.

Louise - I've just been over to the Dubai forum. WOW, seems you've made some friends over there?? They certainly redeemed themselves..........

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Deluxe and superior water villas

Yes, Doliver's got it right. Starting with the most luxurious, we have:

The Sunset Water Villas at the north end of the island (furthest away from the bridge).

The two Premier Water Villas are next to that on the west side, numbers #314 and #313.

The 12 Superior Water Villas are further down the west side, just past the Over-Water Spa #331 - #342

The 6 Deluxe Water Villas are at the southern end of the island, nearest the bridge, on the west side, numbers #343 - #348

And the 28 Water Villas are all at the northern end of the island both east and west facing.

Wales
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Deluxe and superior water villas

Lol Rex! Been to be busy over on 'the dark side' to notice whats going on here!. Yeah really surprised I didnt get hammered after my post over there but no they have proved me wrong, found out everything I needed pretty much actually in the end

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Deluxe and superior water villas

Thanks very much to all for your information. I appreciate it. Two more questions. Looking at the same aerial photo, I am assuming that the Over-Water Spa is the building(s) on its own, on the west side, that is furthest out from the shore. Is that the Vilu Restaurant opposite it on the eastern side? Also, the building nearest what I am presuming is the Over-water Spa, to the north of it and closer to shore (near the gap in the trees) - is that the Sunset Bar and Grill? If not, where is it? Thanks again.

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Deluxe and superior water villas

The over water spa is on the west (right hand) side of the island about 1/2 way down in a little cluster of buildings on its own furthest out. The Vilu restaurant is virtually opposite on the East side. You can make out the roof of it just above the jetty.

The buildings near the gap in the trees are more water bungalows. The Sunset Grill is on the other island, on the Southern tip & again you can make out the buildings just standing out from the shore in the picture.