We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half land villa/ half water villa?

London
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Half land villa/ half water villa?

Hi,

I've read all the forums regarding what the land villas and the water villas have to offer but I was wandering if anyone can recommend if we should stay half our honeymoon in a land villa followed by the other half in a water villa?

Would the change be a nice contrast or would you recommend spending the whole time in a water villa if finances allow?

Thank you! Would appreciate any help with this decision!

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Half land villa/ half water villa?

Hi

We spent 9 nights in a water bungalow a couple of weeks ago. I would recommend spending the whole time in one if finances allow. Others may disagree but we had a great time in one & hope to get another when we return. You do tend to feel a bit more private & special on the water bungalow island, even the small things like complimentary non motorised water sports, happy hour every evening in the Vilu bar, champagne happy hour every Wednesday with a chance to meet the staff, etc add to the experience. In addition, as you will be on your honeymoon, no doubt privacy will be a consideration & you will get this in a water bungalow. Sure, some, not all, are not entirely private but they all have screens. Best part of it is, you could spend all day on your water bungalow verandah & see hardly a soul in the lagoon - pure private bliss! There are a lot less rooms on the water bungalow island than there are on the main island which adds to the feeling of exclusivity.

Don't think there's a whole lot of difference in price between a dlx beach bungalow & a standard water bungalow either...

Cheers

Rex

London
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Half land villa/ half water villa?

Rex-Driver, you're a star. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my post. Hopefully the Hilton will reply to my email enquiry with a favourable rate as the Water Bungalows really do sound wonderful!

Thanks again,

Natalie

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Half land villa/ half water villa?

No prob Natalie.

Trust me, you'll have a magical time there.

Cheers

Rex

UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Half land villa/ half water villa?

My advise would be to half and half.

I had my honeymoon in Feb 06, We had 5 nights in a DBV, then 5 nights in a premier WV.

The DBV are huge and a big recommendation for honeymooners just for the bath. The are amazing.

The water villas are very quiet and private. A must beacuse you wake up looking at the ocean.

I found that beacuse we split the time up the honeymoon seemed longer. It was also very exciting exploring our new accomadation.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
599 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Half land villa/ half water villa?

Hiya

this is a HARD one.

You get Water Villa people....and you get Beach Villa types and very often those that like one do not enjoy the other so much. for example I am a devoted Water villa man and the lure of the other island does not happen with me. I am not saying I am right, it's just my personal preference and there are many others who feel the exact opposite (hence your question being hard to answer).

The water villa island is far more relaxed and laid back. it has the quieter beaches and surroundings and the best low key bar and restaurant. On the other island there is more going on, more opulence, romantic outdoor bathes and plunge pools. Most facilities (gym, shops etc) are on the beach villa island.

So I guess it is what type of person you are.

Are you the understated sophistication and beachcombing type or are you the active up front luxury type. Or would you like to try both! As I said I like sitting on my own deck over a lagoon watching the fish and stars with a bottle of wine agonising over which part of the empty beach I am going to sit on the next day!

And the clincher is that if I want all the facilities? Well I simply get on their little boat and putter over the quiet lagoon for 5 minutes to get them.

Get answers to your questions about Rangali Island