We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Questions: activity fees, isolated beach?

Montreal
3 posts
Save Topic
Hilton Questions: activity fees, isolated beach?

Concerning the Hilton;

1. What are fees for activities; for instance, to use a two person Catamaran, to be brought a deserted island?

2. The new constructions has left nary a spot at the two Hilton islands isolated; you either see the other island, cabins, etc. Can a quiet beach at the resort be found with a clear empty view of the sea?

Cheers

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Questions: activity fees, isolated beach?

Hello from the Hilton Maldives!

There are so many activities to do at the resort, visit our website for a list of everything to do here: www.hilton.com/worldwideresorts and have a look at the downloadable welcome pack.

I'm a little surprised by your second statement. We haven't moved the islands or added any more rooms than we used to have during construction. All that's new is the Spa Retreat which stands in the lagoon between the islands.

The nicest beaches I think are on the main island facing the house reef and all along Rangali island.

I'll leave it to other members here to advise on the beaches.

Montreal
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Questions: activity fees, isolated beach?

Thank you for your reply.

1. I have perused all the information that can be had on the internet concerning the Hilton, including much documentation I got directly from your staff via e-mail. What I am seeking is prices for daily activities; for instance, cost of using a small catamaran, cost of going to another island for isolated beaches, etc.

2. I meant isolated beach, as in no structure visible 360 degrees, including at sea and in the trees. I have a detailed map of the two islands [from your staff] and I am not certain that such a view can be had. However, I have read hundreds of reviews here and other places and am considering the Hilton (top of my list), so no worries! :-)

Birmingham
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Questions: activity fees, isolated beach?

My wife and I got married and spent 10 nights at the Hilton last September 2005 - truly excellent - all the reports are spot on - you will not be disappointed!

The new Beach villas and Deluxe beach villas are fantastic - these can hardly be seen when walking around the islands from the beach as they are covered by the tree line. The beaches are not busy - with only 60 villas there is plenty of room for everyone. The two islands are far enough apart from each other that even if you are facing the other island you can still see out to sea and have a great view.

The staff are excellent and really make your stay enjoyable - a lot of other countries should take note of the service level which is provided by this one resort. After saying when we left last year we would dream of going back some day - today we have booked 10 nights stay - arriving 3 July - we can not wait!

KAnthony, what is the weather like during this time? I have read in different reports?

When we came in September for 10 nights - it did rain constantly for about 4 days - which we are told is very unusual - we are just hoping that is not likely to be the case in July???

(KAnthony - firstly can you assist by giving me an email address by where I can contact Dean - the very helpful Manager who works on Reception looking after rooms & guests (ollie@the2020group.com).

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Questions: activity fees, isolated beach?

Hi Ollie

Thanks for the review!

Dean's brilliant, I'll forward on your comments to him and you can reach him by email at: nasru.dean@hilton.com

Montreal
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Questions: activity fees, isolated beach?

Thank you Olliewb, your reply is exactly what I was seeking.

Cheers

sydney, australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Questions: activity fees, isolated beach?

Ollie,

Looks like we'll be there at the same time so hope the weather holds for both of us! Lots of comments re: the weather since i last visited, but let's be realistic - it's the tropics and it will be hot and humid all the time...

everyone relax - a long drink always solves bad weather issues!!

Jon

Get answers to your questions about Rangali Island