We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice please from Hilton travellers!

UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Advice please from Hilton travellers!

Please can give the people that are about to visit the island, your best tip.

Maybe the best trip you went on, the best meal, villa or treatment.

Is there anything you would advise we take with us that you did or did not take and wish you had.

Thanks in advance!

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice please from Hilton travellers!

Hello Ashietobe

1) Suncream,sunblock, shades and a hat

2) Pestachio's and frerro Roche from Dubai duty free (MUCH CHEAPER THAN AT RESORT)

3) PRINGLES FOR THE NIBBLY TIMES

4)BOOK UPGRADES WHEN YOU THERE..COULD BE MUCH CHEAPER

5)CLUB SANDWICH AT LUNCHTIME(A FILLER IF ON HALF BOARD)

Thats a start ! It looks from the list that I like to eat lol.

Kind Regards

Paddy

Ps Snorkle gear, buy from home ....much cheaper !

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice please from Hilton travellers!

Also suggest you pack your Ipod or some of your favourite CDs because there's a CD player in every room.

Bring some good books (or cards or travel games) for quiet times or if it rains.

This shouldn't need saying, but remember to bring any medication your regularly take. There is a doctor here who can supply most common things, but you don't want to be up at 2am wishing you'd packed the indigestion tablets because you've overdone it on the wine and cheese - again.

Don't bother with shoes - one pair of comfy flip flops (and a pair of trainers if you're planning on hitting the gym/tennis court) should do it.

And finally, something I've seen one guest do with huge success: bring little treats or surprises for your partner. This is the most romantic place on earth and just the nature of the island means the two of you can spend a lot of time together. I believe this guest had packed things like sensual massage oil, lingerie and some kind of erotic dice game (I didn't ask for more info!).