We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To water villa or beach villa, that is the question...

London, England
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
To water villa or beach villa, that is the question...

I'm hoping for some opinions from people who have been as to what the best accomodation would be. I've looked through the post's and the consenus seems to be that the delux beach villa is a much better place to stay than the water villas. But I've always had a Maldives image in my head that included staying in a villa on stilts!! So currently I have a deluxe water villa booked for our stay. But after reading the reviews I'm torn as to whether this was the right choice and maybe a deluxe beach villa would be a better bet?

I'm hoping that the deluxe water villas have more privacy and aren't as close together as the other water villas as this seems to be an issue for some. Has anyone got any views on this?

Would be very appreciative of anyone's help and opinions, it's our honeymoon so I'm very keen to make everything perfect.

Thanks

Port Elizabeth...
Level Contributor
31 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To water villa or beach villa, that is the question...

Stayed at the deluxe beach bungalows a month ago, definitely the way to go. Went to have a look at the water villas, no comparison. Beach villa completely private, sunbathe naked if you wish! Far more space too. Can't beat the bathing pavilion with huge sunken bath. Maybe spend a few days in each if you're undecided.

London, England
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To water villa or beach villa, that is the question...

Thanks Millerslocal, appreciate your advice. Did you get a chance to compare against a deluxe water villa as well?

Think I'd only sunbathe naked with factor 50+, that might hurt! I like you idea of staying in both though, might get the best of both worlds that way.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
899 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To water villa or beach villa, that is the question...

We stayed in a water villa in 2003 for our honeymoon. The experience was amazing but I suppose if we were to be ultra picky then the privacy was limited as we could see and be seen from certain points on the balcony, mainly near the steps to the sea. This was just the regular water villa though, not a deluxe one so we can't comment on them. When we stayed, the resort was apparently full although this was hard to believe as we could always find a spot where others were not.

All that said we did not find this a problem at all and enjoyed our stay so much that we are returning at the end of November for our anniversary. This time we are splitting our stay over the two islands staying in a beach villa and then a water villa.

Our travel agent visited in July and gave very positive feedback. The info on this site from other visitors is also very helpful and positive...we don't think you will be disappointed.

London, England
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To water villa or beach villa, that is the question...

Thanks Paddy, glad you enjoyed your stay there, it really does seem an idealic place. I think we're going to do the same thing and split our stay, try the best of both worlds that way.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Get answers to your questions about Rangali Island