We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach villas or de-luxe villas?

england
3 posts
Save Topic
beach villas or de-luxe villas?

as anyone stayed in standard beach villa since refurb I believe standard villas are in blocks not detached like terraced houses is this correct are upgrades easy to get on arrival and are they cheaper than through travel agent

Wales
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach villas or de-luxe villas?

We're staying in a deluxe beach villa next June. From what we've heard, they are among the best accomodation on the island. Better than the water villas, but obviously not over water.

There are some very nice pictures here http://www.hiltonmaldivesresort.com/

London, UK
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: beach villas or de-luxe villas?

Have stayed in the new Delux Beach Villa but can also confirm that the standard ones are in terrace style blocks. They still look pretty good, though the Delux Villas are amazing, twice the size and are detached. The Delux Villas are very booked up. People were trying to upgrade and downgrade to try them out but they were all booked when we were there in Sept. 05. Only the Spa Village had any upgrade opportunities. It would be cheaper to upgrade there but I doubt a Delux would be available. Good luck!

england
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: beach villas or de-luxe villas?

many thanks AP for your info regarding standard villas I believe numbers 101 to 123 are on the sunset side facing water villas and in the best position would you agree also are they on beach front or do they sit back more inland

London, UK
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: beach villas or de-luxe villas?

You are right on the position of rooms 101-123; they are Beach Villas facing the sunset and the other island of water villas. Rooms 101-123 are all straight onto the beach though the beach at this point is quite narrow. Go further along to the Delux Villas from 124 to about 140 if you can; more beach, amazing villas and a bit further from where the entertaining but noisy planes land (only a few times a day).

UK
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: beach villas or de-luxe villas?

Do you actually get a good view of the sunset with the water villa island in the way?

London, UK
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: beach villas or de-luxe villas?

You do in September as the sunset is not behind but to the side of the island. I think that it does differ dependent on the time of the year. Our best sunset photo was from the terrace of our Beach Villa. I'll see if I can post some shots on this site soon!