We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alcohol

berkshire
Level Contributor
406 posts
1 review
Save Topic
alcohol

hi everyone

we have just booked for villamendhoo for next april and would like to know about alcohol and what is available can you get pernod or aniseed based drinks. cheers westiegirl8

south of england
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: alcohol

Hi emu 72

how very dare you have ago at me LOL

Its my trouble and strife im having ago at LOL

She just cant go five minutes without a pernod LOL

I must admit i cant drink anything other than larger so i do understand other peoples likes and dis likes . I just hope i like maledivian larger other wise i will be like a bear with a sore head LOL .

Can any one comment on the larger in the maldives , i know its sad but each to there own LOL .

Thanks guys , happy holidays .

Gazza

Wirral, UK
Level Contributor
316 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: alcohol

Hi Gazza,

this thread really made me laugh, not touched Pernod since my teenage years (bad news being sick on pernod and black!). I'm not a lager drinker myself but I'm pretty sure my OH has worked his way through plenty Tiger beer there. Maldives are so strict about alcohol I can't imagine they have a brewery so it will all be imported from Sri Lanka/India. You can get into the mood at your local curry house!

Totts

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: alcohol

Lol Lol Lol

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: alcohol

Hi

Mrs D swears by Banana Coladas - they are like Pina Coladas only with more alcohol.... and some fruit so you can kid yourself you are getting one of your "5 a day"!

OD

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: alcohol

Gaza,

LOL - I do really drink pink gins ..being from Brighton and all that ;-)

I am purely a lager drinker..forget your fancy cocktails, I'll leave that to the missus!

Usually most islands have either Tiger or Lion on tap as well as Tiger bottles and carlsberg

East Ayrshire...
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: alcohol

Oooohh the Lion beer was lovely, nice and chilled.

Could really do with one now and being Friday YAY its pop night.

Liked the sound of the banana cocktail, best one I tried was pina colada over crushed ice, it was a bit like a slush puppy - Luvvely!!!

Andrea

17. Re: alcohol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:21 am, October 01, 2009