We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coco Palm or Hilton Rangali? Please help, I need to get...

nkh
California
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Coco Palm or Hilton Rangali? Please help, I need to get...

I thought I knew where we were going to stay: the Coco Palm. But as a meticulous researcher, I found a few (very few, but enough to make me think twice because I just want perfection) unfavorable reviews about the Coco Palm and took a serious look at the Hilton.

I had initially not even looked at the Hilton because I am an island snob and was turned off by it being a chain, but the reviews are incredible and it doesn't seem too "resorty", and maintains island charm. But is it too big? Is the water shallow enough in any deluxe beach villa that I would be assigned (really want a beach where I can wade out far without the water going above my waist)? Will we have a view of the beach from the villa? Is that a small bed in pictures, not king?

The Coco Palm looks so quaint and lovely. I am so torn and I have been at this for hours. Can anybody PLEASE lend me some assistance??

UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
31. Re: Coco Palm or Hilton Rangali? Please help, I need to get...

PSJ, i was just wondering what your weather was like while you were at the hilton? We are thinking of honeymooning there in july 06, would you recommend it?

London
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
32. Re: Coco Palm or Hilton Rangali? Please help, I need to get...

Hi Diamonduk,

I was at ther Hilton July 3 toJuly 18 this year and the weather was very mixed. We had only 2/3/ days of clear sunshine, 2/3 days of total rain and the rest were pretty mixed. It did rain most other days and it was pretty cloudy although very warm at all times.

The resort is fabulous and even in the rain, you will have a wonderful time.

Get answers to your questions about Rangali Island