We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

underwater camera

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
underwater camera

I am thinking of taking some photos in the Itaaa restaurant...

No ... seriously perhaps Rex can help cos he pointed me this way before. Posters said that you could hire underwater cameras from the Hilton dive shop.

I wanted to know how much they cost for hire or would it be better to buy one. I only want to take pictures of the fish not underwater building structures, wrecks of boats or weird human 'in water ' practices. My problem is how many pictures of fish do I need - that is why I come back to hiring the camera.

Someone must have hired one out at Rangali - please help.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: underwater camera

"how many pictures of fish do I need" .........

???????

Montgomery, Wales
Level Contributor
604 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: underwater camera

Hey, I'd cheat my old friend and cadge some other under water photos and say they were your own ....... they all begin to look much of a muchness at the end ......... since your are a Hilton client, maybe with the odd penny to spare perhaps, then why don't you purchase a duty freee camera and have a bit of fun. Tongue in cheek, cariad bach!!!! so don't take me too serously....................................................

By the by, which way are you goling to vote re. our infamlous asssembly ?? !!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: underwater camera

If you have a canon SD digital camera (which a lot of people have already), I would just buy an underwater casing. It has proved to be so useful, not only under water, but also on the beach. You won't have to worry about getting sand in the digital camera and then the whole thing is ruined.

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: underwater camera

Vegas my old "bosom" buddy............

I'm currently working away from home but I'm sure the prices for this are on my home pc. Will let you have all the details I can find on my return this weekend..........

From memory I seem to recall they weren't particularly cheap.........

Welsh Assembly eh? Guess I'd better brush up on my manifesto............

sussex. uk
Level Contributor
308 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: underwater camera

If you want to take photo's in the Ithaa restaurant, surely you'd use a normal camera and not an underwater one as it is indoors!!!! I don't recall having to wear scuba gear when I went for dinner there at least :)

Unless of course you mean that you want to take photos of the inside from outside it?

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: underwater camera

Sorry misaps i am afraid that it was supposed to be like a joke.

... waiting with baited breath Rex ... and by the way mine has completely festoed by now.

China
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: underwater camera

I am considering to get an Olympus µ770SW and take it with me for my first trip to Maldives. Thought it will be fun taking pictures of the fish and corel as many as I want.

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: underwater camera

If anyone is interested and local to bishops stortford, Currys have an unwanted order of a Finepix A400 with underwater housing for £79.87 - they can't shift it! 4.1mp 3m depth. OK for snorkling.

Roger

sussex. uk
Level Contributor
308 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: underwater camera

my reply was meant tongue in check Vegas!

As a tip for underwater picture taking I find you get best results if taking them whilst sunlight shines through to the object your framing and to get best colour saturation stay in the upper reaches of the water. Unless of course you get to use a digital so you can snap away and delete the ones that don't come out to well when back on dry land (or even in the water if your clever!)

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: underwater camera

Touche misaps - too busy trying to be clever to see someone jossing me.

I would buy tiggy but you see while i would like a few pics of Oriental sweet lips ( Mother in Law) I have sat thru some slide shows of ... 'My Trip to the Maldives ' where i was treated to over 160 pics of bloody fish. I do not want to do that to anybody.

Yes I would like to look back on my snorkeling trips but it is not the zenith of my forthcoming trip. It will have to be cheap Rex or it is a ... no no

Get answers to your questions about Rangali Island