We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beers available

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
beers available

Hello.

Visiting Mirihi in Feb. As there are a lot of returning German guests at Mirihi, was just wondering if they sold Warsteiner beer. I aquired a taste for it when I lived in Germany for 5 years.

Appreciate the help.

Thanks.

United States
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beers available

Sorry I'm not much of a beer drinker so I didn't really pay a lot of attention.

I don't recall their being much variety in the Maldives in general or on Mirihi specifically.

I recall that they had Becks and Tiger Beer (made by a company out of Singapore (but probably brewed in Sri Lanka for the Maldives distribution).

Tiger has its fans and has apparantly become somewhat of a cult favorite around the world (to the point that Anheuser Busch is now importing it to America). (smiles)

Personally it tasted pretty much like a Miller Genuine Draft(MGD) if you are at all familiar with that beer.

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beers available

more likely to find tiger, becks and lion mate , just as good !!

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,696 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beers available

I don't recall Weirsteiner beer in the Maldives. As cfc says, Tiger, etc etc goes down a real treat!! ................. activegirl

4. Re: beers available

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, August 17, 2009