We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun Island

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
13 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Sun Island

Hi, I've just booked to go to Sun Island in November, anyone got any info on the positioning of the basic deluxe rooms? Is there a massive wall or groyne at the quieter west end of the island? Has anyone got advice for a good room number. I think the deluxe ones are 392-450. My mum is going out for her 70th birthday and we were wondering about quitness and distance to the restaurants.

Any info on the diving, quality, price etc.

Thanks

D

United States
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun Island

Here is a link to a map of the island.

villahotels.com/sun/…Sun-Map-3508X2480.jpg

United States
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun Island

Heres a link to information and pricing for the Dive center

http://www.villahotels.com/sun/divinginfo.htm

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun Island

Hi, i also think the deluxe rooms are around the hundreds as well but i could be wrong.

see Rouseys review, it will have all you need to know.If your mum has problems with the distance,she can call a buggie up from reception to collect her at meal times etc.Most hire bikes for the duration of the stay but of course this may not be applicable to yourselves.

Ive found over the years that most positions are quiet,but you need to avoid the bar area in the evenings because of the entertainment if youd like an early night !

When are you going? im going first two weeks in November and would be happy to advise you on anything .

cfc

4. Re: Sun Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, August 14, 2009