We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lux v maafushivaru

London
Level Contributor
175 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Lux v maafushivaru

Trying to choose, any advice and opinions welcome

5th visit to maldives ( Kuredu, meeru, veligandu x 2) love veli but keen to try something new

Quotes

£2400 lux b&b

£2600 maafushivaru hb

We want a beach villa, good beach, snorkelling, good service, good views, not a crowded feeling ( didn't rate Kuredu for this reason) hubby will do a dive or 2- ex from the main budget.

Budget spends $2000 light lunches/ 2 course dinners, g&ts at sunset , bottle of wine with dinner.

So which shall we pick?

Thanks in advance for any advice or tips

Mentioned in this post
Kuredu
Kuredu
Lhaviyani Atoll
Dive Blue Maldives
Scuba & Snorkeling, Shark Diving, Fishing Charters & Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing
Island Divers
Scuba & Snorkeling
Norway
Level Contributor
819 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lux v maafushivaru

If you want good snorkeling, I would choose Maafushivaru. I also think it's a much prettier island.

Mentioned in this post
Maafushivaru
Maafushivaru
826 Reviews
Southern Ari Atoll
Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lux v maafushivaru

Been to Maaf and it is quite special. Very good reef, one of the largest and best located beach villas we have had. The softest sand in the Maldives i reckon. Very pretty. When we went it was either FB or AI so we went AI. TBH i thought it then went completely AI. The icing on the cake is the 400 yard away sister desert island of Lonobu so somewhere else to go every day if you want and an even better reef. We did the all day island hopping excursion, BBQ lunch on a fantastic desert island somewhere, visited 3 reefs and the atoll capital all for $55 each. Bargain. Read my review if u want.

Mentioned in this post
3. Re: Lux v maafushivaru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 02, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll