We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaplane to Angaga

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Seaplane to Angaga

Hello,

I will be on my first trip to Maldives next month (with my wife). As we will land in the Hulhumale Airport at around 7.30pm local time, we have decided to spend the night at Male city (main island - House Clover Hotel), and then to move to Angaga Island Resort the next day (booked already through Agoda). I understand from the resort's website that it requires a 20-min seaplane trip to reach the place. I have written to the resort on my following questions. But, I am yet to get a response from them.

1> Should I ferry back to hulhumale from Male city (main island) to take the seaplane? Is that not possible from the main island itself?

2> Do they have a scheduled time for the seaplane operation to Angaga?

3> How much does it cost for 2 persons for an one-way trip to Angaga??

4> I have opted for a 'half board' option (I assume that it has only the breakfast). Does anyone has the price list of lunch or dinner buffets (I assume most of the resorts have buffet system. Please correct me if I am wrong)?? How much does it cost for 2 persons per day (approximate for lunch and dinner)??

Thank you very much for all your time and efforts in answering them.

Best Regards,

Habeeb

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
987 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seaplane to Angaga

Yes you will have to ferry back to the airport island for the seaplane as that's the only place they operates from. Angaga will arrange the transfer for you and charge it to your room bill - I haven't been there to advise cost. You should advise them of your overnight plans though so they don't put you on a very early seaplane. When you arrive back at the airport, go to the Angaga deck to confirm which seaplane check in desk you need as there are 2 operators.

Most islands have food & drink costs on their website.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seaplane to Angaga

Hi - half board is breakfast and dinner.

The sea planes fly regularly but often take up to 45 mins as they drop off guests at another island. We've been twice now but our transfer was arranged by our travel company.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seaplane to Angaga

I'm surprised you can book on agoda without transfers,

Anyway,if you don't have them, you need to email the resort with your flight numbers and times, as well as your plans for overnight, you can't just front up at the sea plane terminal and hope to catch a flight. It's really important you ask them to book flights for you,

I'm not sure why you want to know the price of a one way trip,,,you need to come back right? Average return sea plane is approx 400 usd per person. So assume 800 usd return for both of you. It could be slightly less or more.

Half board includes breakfast and then either lunch or dinner, i would pick dinner, then you can just buy lunch which is lighter, assume 20 usd per person, it obviously depends on what your order from the menu. If you chose lunch and then pay for dinner, it would cost a lot more.

You need to factor in drinks on top of these costs.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seaplane to Angaga

Parrotfish: I could find the menu in their website. Anyway I would try to contact them regarding the menu and transfers. Thank you!

Xarla: Per the claim in their website, the seaplane transfer is 20-mins. Not sure how true it is! Thanks for the response!

FroggyEngland: Yes, it is possible to book the villas in Agoda without booking the local transfers. The website clearly states that one should contact the resort directly for local transfers.

USD 400 for return seaplane per person is in fact higher than the actual flight cost of my travel sector: India-colombo-male and return! :) :) The latter is just USD 255! Is there a cheaper alternative to seaplane for Angaga?

Meantime, I will try to contact them directly with my flight details!

Thank you very much for your detailed info!

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,273 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seaplane to Angaga

there is no cheaper alternative to the fixed price for the seaplane.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seaplane to Angaga

I got it! Thank you!

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seaplane to Angaga

It might be less than 400, they will tell you the price, it's normally distance based, unlike international flights which have other factors in the pricing equation ie demand, competition etc, However as spammie said, there is no alternate. Unless you want to swim or build a raft:))

And yes, it's not cheap. Lots of people ask if there is alternates, even trying to work out if they can hire a boat, not realising it would be about the same price and take several hours, even if it was possible,,which it's not.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seaplane to Angaga

Thanks Froggy :)

singapore
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Seaplane to Angaga

sorry to ride on this thread

im also booked on angaga but i have emailed them numerous times with no response whatsoever

does anyone know the actually cost of transfer? given that its a short flight, around 300+ ?

also, do i just turn up at the resort desk at the airport since they do not reply at all

Doha, Qatar
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Seaplane to Angaga

I had the same problem and didn't realize the transfer would be that expensive

Actually the cost is $365/Person