We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Angaga accomodation

Norway
Level Contributor
819 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Angaga accomodation

We are considering booking Angaga for later this year and were first thinking of trying a water villa (have never stayed in a WV before). But after reading some reviews we get the impression that the WV are on the windy side of the island and that the reef there is not good at all (need to enter reef from the beach for best snorkelling). Also, how much privacy would we get in a BV? Looks like they are really close together.

Can anybody that has been there shed some light on this and compare the BV and WV? Thanks!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Angaga accomodation

Beach villas are quite close together, but we didn't feel any issues with privacy - except maybe for the first few rooms en route to the restaurant where there was a bit of passing traffic at meal times.

The water villas are by a sandy part of the lagoon, there is no reef close to the water villas - the reef is further out. I would imagine wind direction would be dependent on season.

Bear in mind that I am not a fan of water villas, but I definitely thought the beach villas were better at Angaga. The water villas were nothing special IMO.

Ian

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Angaga accomodation

Beach villas are all detached so there's plenty of privacy.

Norway
Level Contributor
819 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Angaga accomodation

Thanks both. Do all the beach villas have a nice strech of beach in front of them? In Athuruga for example some villas hardly had any beach at all...

Also, does the reef go all the way around the island? Too bad there is no reef around the WV, that is definately a drawback if we choose them.

Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Angaga accomodation

When I was there in November there were a few beach villas [the ones near the water villa jetty] that had little or no beach. We were in 116 and had a lovely stretch of beach - but of course this is seasonal so will change according to the wind direction etc.

We tried to snorkel around the island but the reef goes a very very long way out past the water villas so eventually we swam back in - so I'm still not sure on that one. I thought it was a great reef though!

FF

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Angaga accomodation

hi irene we had room 146 that was on the opposite side to FF and we had a lovely big beach and the sunset so would def say that was a good spot too IMO.. the reef does go round , i know cus i did it but only once as it is a long way! ... you can exit and enter at the sunset bar steps (tide permiting)so that is a way of getting back to the island if you cant make it .i thought there was some really good snorkling to be had near the WB but as ian says they are not very special and i would say less private than a beach villa . our fav island so far rob

Norway
Level Contributor
819 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Angaga accomodation

Thanks Rob, that is very helpful. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what does FF mean? (opposite side to FF)

People don't seem to be very impressed with the WV so we might check out the BV. Our main reason for wanting to try a WV was that they might hold a (somewhat) higher standard as this is a basic/rustic island and we wanted to upgrade if we could, but don't seem like this is the case.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,784 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Angaga accomodation

Irene - I guess Rob meant FunkyFins (FF)

Norway
Level Contributor
819 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Angaga accomodation

Aahh, of course!! Silly me - thanks Lyn!

Found a good map of the island and if we stay in a BV we would prefer the reef side I think.

9. Re: Angaga accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, January 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll