We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vilamendhoo Check out time

UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Topic
Vilamendhoo Check out time

How do folks,

A quick question that came about after reading a few topics on Male and passing time at the airport.

My return flight is at 20:35 so i wanted to query what time I would have to check out by? also assuming i couldnt hang around on the island with my suitcases etc or has anyone had any experience of this before and the reception hold your luggage to allow you to catch the last seaplane out? Any advice much appreciated as always.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vilamendhoo Check out time

Worry not! The islands are adept at making sure that your departure from the island matches up as closely as possible with your International departure time. You may well have to vacate your room but normally you will still be able to use all of the facilities and be given the use of a room to shower and change before leaving the island. Depending upon numbers from your and surrounding islands booked on later flights, you might well not actually leave the island until late afternoon, but this will be down to the seaplane companies schedule for the day. You'll still have a while at the airport though, as the seaplanes don't fly after dark. I would imagine you'll be off the island by about 5.30pm at the latest. You probably won't know for sure what time you will leave until the day before as the schedules are drawn up on a daily basis to match arrivals and departures. Someone who has been recently may have more accurate info.

SL

Edited: 10:57 am, April 26, 2012
UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vilamendhoo Check out time

;o) Cheers SL,

Not too much of an issue really but i know i wouldn't want to lug luggage around on the beach although it might act as good float on the reef..I've seen a few threads on things to do at the Male airport so i'll start having a scan of that

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vilamendhoo Check out time

I would just temper SL optimistic post. It really does depend on the seaplane schedule and the flight times of the other guests departing. You may find your seaplane is about 2pm,, if for example the other guests are on a 5pm flight from male. They won't send a plane just for you, but optimise the space instead. As such, you will maybe have some time to kill at male. Remember you cannot check in until 3 hours before hand, which for you is about 5. 35 pm. You will be put on the best flight available for you, but it's really not like a bus or a scheduled airline where you pick your time. The resort will let you know the night before.

Ask for late check out, if required, immediately on finding out your seaplane flight. Ie if you find it's at 2pm or 4 pm or even 5.30 pm, ask if you can check out late. You may get lucky. If its a not, normally you need to be out by noon for most resorts, but yes facilities will be available. No where near the same as having your own room, but something,

Put simply, be prepared to go with the flow, spend some time hanging about etc, and don't assume you will be on the island till late.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vilamendhoo Check out time

Ermmm.. exactly what I said wasn't it?

SL

Edit: If there are lots of people on later flights (more likely high season) then you will probably (note PROBABLY) leave later. If you are the only one then maybe earlier. We have been the only ones on a later flight and have also been the only ones on the plane, as it had just dropped off arrivals. You just never know until the night before. Also as said.

Edited: 5:08 pm, April 26, 2012
UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vilamendhoo Check out time

Hmm riteo so just go with the flow sounds like the best advice at the mo..thanks.

If i do get to male early on i may go for a quick trip round no harm with a bit of culture..

Cant really plan ahead if hotel tells u the night before ill hve to say my gudbyes that night. thanks again

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,715 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vilamendhoo Check out time

Hi Rav

Looks like you are worrying to much lol

We always panic on our way to the airport ------- have we got the passports --- will we miss the flight --- are our bags too heavy ext ext but for some reason i never worry about getting home lol ---

So my advice is once your bum hits the plane seat -- CHILL

Darryl

Edited: 1:38 am, April 27, 2012
UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Vilamendhoo Check out time

lol Darryl,

I just dont wanna get off the island until i have to!! lord knows when the opporunity arises again. your right though i'll chilax for now

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,715 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vilamendhoo Check out time

Trust me you will be hoping they completely forget about you once you are there lol

I don't want to wish my life away but i carnt wait for the next 9 months to pass

I am already eyeing up my next island

Darryl

UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Vilamendhoo Check out time

lol i'll go hide and take a good disguise with me! me and you both mate November cant come sooner!!!

I'd love to be able to book in advance but a lil baby girl prevents that from happening - some day maybe ;o) After all hope is what keeps a man alive!

10. Re: Vilamendhoo Check out time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:42 am, June 19, 2013