We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whitesands - AI vs. HB

Birmingham, UK
3 posts
Save Topic
Whitesands - AI vs. HB

We are considering White Sands, we are seeing that AI is around £35 per person per day extra over HB.

Wondering on people thoughts on the value of AI - not being tight we would expect to spend the money anyway - just wondering whether there are benfits with going HB and being free to choose what to spend the additional money on.

I do not think we would spend that on house drinks and lunch - perhaps on wine with meals but only house wine in the buffet restaurant is included.

It is our honeymoon and so we may take a few drinks in our bungalow - which again I think is not included.

How expensive are the drinks at whitesands and are there other benefits with going AI - the excursions, snorkelling etc.

Thanks Guys

Chelmsford, Essex
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whitesands - AI vs. HB

Hi. We have just come back from White Sands and you won't be disappointed! We considered AI but eventually went Full Board, as we stayed in the water village and it can be a hike to the bar if you happen to be in one of the quieter ones, especially in those temperatures. We drunk a fair bit from the mini bar which is not included in AI. You can expect to pay approx $3.50 for a beer, cocktails are about $10, bottle of house wine was about $20. Not extortionate, but depends on how much you drink of course. They have a free excursion to the reef on a daily basis to all residents for snorkelling etc. You'll have a great time!!

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whitesands - AI vs. HB

Nice reply jem but this brummie lad wants a definitive answer here - so do I, please.

Do we upgrade or not?

How much food and drink do you need to get thru to make it worth while. Like are cocktails included and are they any good?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whitesands - AI vs. HB

I would go for the AI deal. £35 extra sounds good to me for an extra meal, probably tea/coffee and cakes in the afternoon + unlimited beer and soft drinks all day!! Take it!!

Do the maths, I bet it will work out cheaper!

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
407 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whitesands - AI vs. HB

Def go for the AI deal, we spent our honeymoon at White Sands last March and went AI, the previous March (2004) went to Barbados AI again - well worth it!

Just got back from Sharm el Sheik, Egypt on a B&B basis - spent a blumming fortune! and so wished we had gone to an AI hotel!

If you're going to relax, have a good drink, eat well and with watersports then I can't think of a better option.

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whitesands - AI vs. HB

My girlfriend and I have just returned from White Sands where we were on the all inclusive tariff. this is what is included on AI compared to HB:

- Selected coctails including some nice ones, most soft drinks, lion brand beer, house wine (by the glass) and some unbranded spirits between about 07.00 and 00.00

- Some nice snacks in the restaurants between about 15.00 and 18.00

- Lunch

- Use of some of the watersports facilities

- Some excursions

We found that each day we drank a couple of soft drinks during the day ($3 a glass), 1 or 2 bottles of water each ($3 a bottle), ate lunch ($20), a glass or 2 of wine with dinner ($5 a glass) and had 2 or 3 coctails each evening ($10 each). A total cost of about $70 each. An all inclusive upgrade is £35 (about $61) and so it seems to be worth it. Its true we didnt drink this much every day and coctails are more expensive than other drinks such as beer, but AI did take the worry out of budgeting.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whitesands - AI vs. HB

Thanks weird good response - appreciated