We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which island is best

scotland
Level Contributor
41 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
which island is best

can anyone tell me which island would be best for two seniors we have never been to maldives before.and need some advice on what would suit us we dont dive so just want to relax and read on nice beach be grateful for any help.

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which island is best

Time of year, rough idea of budget, board basis (do you like a few drinks etc) would be helpful.

John

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
11,599 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which island is best

we all have our personal fav's islands here, so be prepared to receive plenty of alternatives... :)

south wales
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: which island is best

Meedhupparu was the most relaxed island that i've been to (not the best snorkel/dive but you'll definately expereince more than you expect. I'd also recommend that you always stay in at least the beach bungalow or other upgrades as the garden villas/bungalows don;t get much of a view (my opinion). Hope it helps

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which island is best

Hi

Mrs D and I were on Angaga last month. Really lovely, quiet island - only had live music one night a week.

OD

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which island is best

As said - we really need a budget and what that has to include in order to make appropriate suggestions. However, based on the info so far - just about any of the smaller/ish islands will meet your needs!

SL

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which island is best

Try looking at Reethi Beach.

John

scotland
Level Contributor
41 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which island is best

thanks to all who replyed.we would be looking for al.as i said we are seniors who like a few drinks and our food. and we will be celebrating our 45th wedding aniversary we would like somewere peacful with a nice beach we wont be looking to upgrade as ive said we are seniors and have been saving for a long time to go maldives we want to go march or april .sory john should of given you more to go on

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which island is best

Without some idea of budget magsey2 we are all shooting in the dark. Prices range from the vaguely affordable to mind blowingly ridiculous. As said, we all have our favourites, but that really isn't much help to you if they are outside (or even too basic!) for your budget.

Trust me - you won't be the only senors on whichever island you choose, in fact you'll probably find that the over 60s are extremely well represented!

SL

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: which island is best

Hi

March/April is in the high season as far as prices are concerned. If you can give us an idea of your budget then we will be better able to help you both.

OD

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,396 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: which island is best

without any guidelines , we'll end up naming every island in the entire country and be of absolutely no help to you, since you can find random island names anywhere.

all maldivian islands have a nice beach , more of less .... so the only criteria you have given us to work with , is "quiet". based on that , my only advice so far would be to exclude the overrun mass market islands ... so i suggest to EXCLUDE the likes of meedhupparu, kuredu, meeru, sun island. i would also suggest to stay well clear of islands that cater largely to families , like centara , bandos, lily beach, diva.

for any more constructive advice , we need your budget - per night, in USD . we need to know what all you want included in that budget (i.e. type of board, type of room, airport transfers?)