We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We LOVE Atoll Explorer!

Puerto Princesa...
1 post
Save Topic
We LOVE Atoll Explorer!

My sister and I spent one of the best holidays in the Maldives with Atoll Explorer from April 18-24. The staff and crew are excellent, very caring and personalized service. Captain Fulhu was a very graceful host, he gave all information about the trip and he made sure every guest was well taken care of.

I can say that all activities and excursions were well planned, wonderful and never a dull moment. We were able to visit other resorts like Velassaru and Kuramathi. Kuramathi’s stingray feeding is a must to see.

Scuba diving was the best. Euro Diver instructor, Saeed brought us to all best dive spots in South Ari Atoll. My sister Myla was even able to get her Open Water Dive Certification. We were lucky to see White tip reef sharks, Hawksbill turtles, stingrays and eagle rays! Even the boat crews were very helpful and served refreshments every dive.

The destinations every day is fantastic. It was very interesting to visit a local islands and experience their culture and lifestyle.

The food was also excellent and always fresh plus the charm of the waiters and chef made the dining experience so much better. I highly recommend this trip if you are looking for a great experience in the Maldives.

North Yorks
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
281. Re: We LOVE Atoll Explorer!

Never been on YP but you will not get anything better than the AE. Nothing is too much trouble for them, they really make sure you have the most fantastic time ever. Can't wait to go back

UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
282. Re: We LOVE Atoll Explorer!

Couldn't agree more

UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
283. Re: We LOVE Atoll Explorer!

Don't know what you mean by hidden extras. The picnic lunch, island BBQ, trip to Male are all included on the AE. The only 2 extras are for night snorkelling ($9 for the torch) and for the whale shark trip. Everything else is included - a stack of cocktails too.

UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
284. Re: We LOVE Atoll Explorer!

Solos doesn't mean you travel as a group. We had a lady with us in January who had used Solos - it just worked as an ordinary travel agent for her. She didn't want to book her flights herself.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
285. Re: We LOVE Atoll Explorer!

All very quite on here .

Surely someone has been recently !

Got any updates ?

we are going in 35days.

UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
286. Re: We LOVE Atoll Explorer!

We went in January for the second time. It was brilliant - better than ever. Food is terrific, 4 new Sri Lankan chefs. All the food is excellent, if you like curries they are superb, but other food is great too. Captain Sharraf is lovely - he joins in and talks to everyone. The crew seem to really like him and work hard for him. The crew are so helpful - nothing is too much trouble. There are more snorkelling trips than there used to be. There are loads of cocktails included in the AI menu.

The main thing about the AE is the fact that its up to you, 'cos its like a house party - the more you mix and join on, the more you'll get out of it. We've already booked again for 2 weeks next year to celebrate my husband's 70th birthday.

Happy to answer any queries you have

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
287. Re: We LOVE Atoll Explorer!

We have been before 2011.

Just getting so excited (like a big kid )

I agree with the house party ! We had a great time and met some wonderful people .

It's good to have new info.

We are celebrating our daughters 21st .

Noticed AE are doing 14 night cruises from 28oct

Level Contributor
1,608 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
288. Re: We LOVE Atoll Explorer!

Enjoy ali : )

I'm trying the YP in oct but AE is on my list..

scaftworth
Level Contributor
23 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
289. Re: We LOVE Atoll Explorer!

Repeated for 6th time in March 2013

Excellent trip..... & booked for 2 weeks in August

Good to be back on the boat

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
290. Re: We LOVE Atoll Explorer!

Pm, i wouldn't dismiss YP ( we were booked on her 2011) they had a fire , so got relocated Kurumba and AE

Dave, good to hear !

Edited: 6:05 am, May 11, 2013