We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best AI resort in maldives?

Chicago
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
Best AI resort in maldives?

Hello,

I know this can be a matter of persona choice/taste, but which resort would be considered the best AI resort? Also, how do the best of the AI's compare with the luxury resorts??

Maldives
13 posts
1. Re: Best AI resort in maldives?

Hello

its hard to compare as you said once tastes are different . The good news is Lilly Beach has introduced AI package, which is the first 5 Star resort which introduce the AI package.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
16,084 posts
25 reviews
42 helpful votes
2. Re: Best AI resort in maldives?

actually ... Lily beach's package is not newly introduced but changed for the worse - insofar as they now make you pay a premium for super-dooper-platinum-extra-special-toplevel AI , which used to be their normal AI. but once you pay for this upgrade, its very good AI indeed . lily beach is a nice, family friendly little island with a good reef and great diving.

to my knowledge, there are only two resorts that will give you "real AI" -without the dreaded exclusions that mount up to a big bill at the end - as their base standard. the newly refurbished Athuruga and its sister island Thudufushi , which is due to close for refurbishment over this summer.

depending on when you are planning to go, Athuruga is your only choice. both Athuruga and Thudufushi are stunningly beautiful islands with very good reefs and situated in south ari atoll for fantastic diving. i have visited Athuruga several times and warmly recommend it. it isn't classed as a "luxury resort" , being that it doesn't offer over the top luxuries like private butlers .. but it is most definitely an island of a very high standard and excellent value for money. its usually marketed as 4 star plus , with the new watervillas 5 star.

there are any numbers of other islands that offer AI in the budget range .. they go from extremely basic to mid class.

Edited: 2:46 am, February 24, 2010
Southampton England
Level Contributor
143 posts
15 reviews
32 helpful votes
3. Re: Best AI resort in maldives?

Hello

I can only comment on the Lily Beach AI but would highly recommend it . The quality of the food & Drink were to a very high standard and because this is the only option all guests are on the same package so there is no need for any wristbands , signing bills et c. I personally felt - for the Maldives - it offered good value for money .

Please see my recent review , where I have also compared it to the Conrad which is considered one of the more luxury resorts in the area .

Regards

Karin

4. Re: Best AI resort in maldives?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 24, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll