We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White Sands

London
3 posts
Save Topic
White Sands

I am due to fly out to White Sands on Feb 7th. After much confusion from my travel agent I have now been told that most of the resort will be re-opening on the 1 Feb, this doesn't include the water bungalows. After researching damage to this island I find it quite hard to be believe that it will be fully operational by then and obviously I am quite concerned about the accuracy of what I've been told. Having never been to the Maldives before I'm completely in the dark therefore I'd be very grateful if anyone could give me some advice or recommend an alternative island as there is a small possiblity that we could transfer somewhere else. Thanks

London
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: White Sands

Sorry to hear of the poor advice from your Travel agent. The latest information on www.eurodivers.com re Whitesands is

"White Sands Resort ��� definite time of re-opening of the water village will be the 15.1.2005 (47 bungalows, restaurant, bar) as well as all related services and amenities.

The diving operations will be provisory reinstalled, however fully operational for the Water Village clients.

For the island village the re-opening date is expected beg. of February (30 Bungalows) the remaining island village is expected to be re-opened by appr. mid March."

You could also try contacting the resort direct At resort@maldiveswhitesands.com

We visited last January and had a fab time in a water bungalow, but like the rest of the Maldives would recommend going all inclusive as things are expensive.

UK
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: White Sands

See the link below

visitmaldives.com.mv/mu/latest/update_situat…

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: White Sands

We too are destined for White Sands on 6th Feb. However we too also having difficulty finding out latest info from Hayes & Jarvis our agents but KUNOI site is EXCELLENT for info which says Water Bungalows opening not the Island Village where we are to stay.

We went here last Feb 04 so know the Island and layout etc.

If it is open we will go to give support if not we will seek alternative island.

If you want to know more of Island as was please ask. If you get there the cocktails are great - join you one sundowner!!

Could try to e mail the team based in MALE but they have yet to answer !!

Paula Braithwaite

Executive Assistant to the General Manager

White Sands Resort & Spa

South Ari Atoll, Maldives Islands

"Experience the natural gift of the Maldives"

Email: exec_asst@maldiveswhitesands.com

Web site: www.maldiveswhitesands.com

Mailing Address:

Whitesands Resort & Spa

2nd floor, H. Beach Tower

Boduthakurufaanu Magu

Male 20066

Maldive Islands

Tel: +960 - 450 513 Ext. 257

Mobile: + 960 782 269

Mentioned in this post
Male
Male
North Male Atoll
London
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: White Sands

Replying to my own message but I do have an update. White Sands have contacted me and have said the Water village will open on Jan 15 (this includes spa, watersports,diving centre, restaurant and beach club), but the Island village will not open until Feb 15 unfortunately. Thanks to everyone who responded.

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: White Sands

Further to my earlier White Sands e mailed to say :-

"Our resort is temporarily closed until 14 January.

We are planning to reopen our water village on 15 January 2005 together with all related services and amenities (spa, water sports, diving center, restaurant & Beach Club).

We are still assessing the damage on the island village side, which was more severely hit. We will inform you in a week or so when we will be in a position to reopen our Island Village. Right now, we expect this would be no later than 15 Febuary 2005."

Hope that settles it for you.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: White Sands

Hi all im new to this so bare with me!

I'm looking to go to White sands next year in August for our honeymoon, could anyone tell me what the weather will be like? ive asked the travel agent but there not commiting themselves to anything!!! Secondly is it better to stay in the water bungalows? Lastly is it better to go all inclusive, we normally do but have'nt been to this side of the word. Thanks

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
408 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: White Sands

Hi we went to White Sands for our honeymoon in March - I would definitely recommend AI AND the Water Bungalow - we had a fab time!

Not sure on the weather in August though - start a new post with that in the subject box - I'm sure you'll get replies.

Have fun!!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: White Sands

That great thanks for your help

Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll